Reason for the role:
Our Client is looking for an Editorial Manager/Producer of a high calibre in my team to help own and manage some high profile projects, I currently do not have the time and bandwidth to nurture and I need someone more senior than my current team to lead on these
· CSG producer/editorial manager: Salary 40-50k experience dependant, high calibre, someone who can identify things that need to change and make it happen without being set deliverables
· 5 years’ experience already in the editorial world/ preferably with a passion for the gaming industry or at least entertainment industry, experience with customer experience editorial pieces and putting the customer first is desirable too. User experience knowledge is also desirable.
· Strong project management skills, a degree, experience working with numerous stakeholders are also things high on my list.
We are seeking an Editorial Manager/ Producer who will develop and leading high profile projects on the X1 and 360 platforms. The candidate will be part of a high-performing multi-disciplined Commerce team. The successful candidate will drive the editorial strategy for key programmes and projects on the X1 and 360 console across all relevant EMEA markets as well as oversee content and creative execution of our Client’s Live Dashboard promotions across EMEA.
This position requires superior communication, project management and user experience knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a passion for & knowledge of gaming, coupled with solid experience of developing and evangelizing a vision for engaging content, customer first approach and over 5 years’ editorial management experience.
You will possess superb workload management and cross-group collaboration skills, be a strong and effective communicator. In addition, deep experience in online publishing or digital entertainment production, and a proven track record of working cross-division and cross-region.
* Create first class user experiences for new and existing Gold subscribers by promoting relevant content choices which will delight the audience, drive high user engagement, repeat transactions, revenue and market growth.
* Develop intimate knowledge of proprietary content management tool in order to resolve or escalate technical issues for the team
* Identify new ways to resolve customer needs/experience that can be shared with the wider Programming Teams.
* Drive planning with engineering counterparts to develop tools and training
* Ensure projects meet business objectives and standards for scalability, quality, and customer value
* Partner with Business Intelligence team to evaluate engagement data & key performance indicators to manage/improve return on investment across all promotions
* Keep technical skill set current and demonstrate proficiency with the technologies & tools required.
* Cultivate a climate of teamwork across the discipline and the business group
As a candidate for this position you will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent project and risk management, planning and scheduling acumen
* Experience of working with CMS or online publishing systems is essential
* Excellent people & workload management skills
* At least 5 years’ experience in a similar editorial management role
* Proven record within online publishing and the gaming and/ or entertainment industry
* Proven history of delivering projects with many deliverables and stakeholders
* Demonstrated deep understanding of production and development life cycles in either online or digital publishing
* Partnering with an internal Design team on high profile promotions/projects
* Development or origination, and implementation of strategy. For example, understanding Programming’s customer-first strategy and thinking how to implement that across your/their area, then coming up with the plan for each area/each project
Personal attributes/ Interpersonal skills:
* Highly motivated and proactive professional with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across a variety of disciplines
* First class professionalism, attitude and enthusiasm
* Proven experience and with ability to work with a range of teams to ensure business needs are met, editorial standards are maintained, while maintaining strong collaborative relationships across all teams
* Finely-tuned analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and motivate people
* Excellent communication, time management and editorial judgement
* Passion for user experience and a creative eye
* First class attention to detail
* Passion for all forms of entertainment (games, movies, TV, and music)
• BA/BSc or equivalent
• Project management skills or qualification desirable
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Reason for the role: