We search for a strong Editor/Project manager to provide writing, editing and basic project management services in support of creating infographics and photo gallery collections.
The work will include two main areas of focus.
1) Help plan, coordinate and provide writing and some research to create photo galleries.
The work includes:
• Research and write brief captions for photos used in photo galleries, varying from brief bios of celebrities to facts and figures around places, events, etc.
• Review/edit existing captions to tighten and help adhere to general style
• Some light project management work to shepherd galleries through QA process
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to find new angles and topics to cover with photo galleries
2) Help oversee the day to day operations for infographics projects. Provide basic editorial project management, keeping a simple calendar of graphics current, maintain clear communication with stakeholders and act as a liaison/check point between designers and editors/writers.
The role also calls for a strong editor to help conceptualize and shape ideas for graphic projects, and at select times may be more hands on, doing the research, data analysis and some writing/editing. Some help is needed also capturing basic KPIs for performance.
Though an editorial role, the work is very focused on visual storytelling, so experience working with multimedia and visual storytelling are strongly preferred.
• Have a background in journalism and online media
• Comfortable working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experienced organizing and overseeing multiple editorial projects under tight deadlines
• Be a rock-solid editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story for readers
• Have a background in and passion for visual storytelling
The length of the project contract is TBD, but the need for these services and support for editorial projects are ongoing.