Our large financial services company, located in Boston, is seeking an Editor for a year long contract assignment.
This position is part of the Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs (GM&CA) team consisting of professionals encompassing marketing, brand, advertising and research, analytics and modeling, internal and external corporate communications, public policy, and global corporate social responsibility.
• Marketing publication support for the Chief Investment Office Investment Strategy, Due Diligence and Portfolio teams
• Manage development and distribution for business critical Investment Strategy reports, including:
o Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly Reports – e.g. CMO, ISO, Viewpoint, Chart Book
• Works closely with Investment Strategy production lead to manage content pipeline and prioritization
• Oversees development of e-communications for the team
• Partner with teammates to manage traffic of content through approval and distribution processes
• Helps manage CIO content calendar and pipeline/prioritization
The Marketing team’s objective is to:
• Design / maintain all publications from the due diligence and portfolio solutions teams
• Fully own publications including making ongoing, as-needed updates (weekly / monthly / ad-hoc)
• Publish reports internally through the firm’s intranet systems
• Create communications plans to raise awareness of the programs and content we are bringing to market
• Manage the legal and compliance
• review process when updating and creating new publications.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Reviewing and editing marketing materials which includes position of reports aligned to overall team’s value proposition, checking for consistency and grammar in content, accurate templates and disclaimers, legal language and overall design of document.
• Compiling content & data from multiple sources.
• Posting and keeping track of documents on Merrill Lynch’s internal sites.
• Managing entire program to send direct to advisor communications of strategy insights and market updates.
• Creating ad-hoc position and advisor facing presentations used for advisor presentations and symposiums.
• Minimum of three to five years marketing and communications experience in similar field
• Bachelor’s degree
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office program is mandatory (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Design experience and knowledge of Adobe programs a big plus
• HTML skills required; Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud skills a plus
• Knowledge of financial services industry products (traditional and alternative investments)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail is critical
• Ability to organize and prioritize schedule to meet tight deadlines
• Must be a team player and desire to work in a collegial environment with other team