Our client is a large financial institution in Pennington, NJ and they are looking for an Editor to join their team for 12+ month contract role. This Editor job is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Editor Responsibilities/Position Summary:
The Writer/Editor is responsible for creating/updating communications, including retirement plan highlight updates for plan sponsors serviced by the company. The Editor will work collaboratively with designers, project management, and compliance in a fast-paced, demanding, environment. A lot of the writing involves rewriting/reshaping existing pieces, rather than developing pieces from scratch. Experience writing and editing for financial/retirement is preferred but experience in a more traditional, hard-news environment (newspaper, wire service, etc.) rather than a PR firm, marketing agency or corporate/internal communications would also be a good fit.
Minimum Requirements for Editor role:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years work experience
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word
• Demonstrated copy-editing and writing skills (Work Sample(s) required at time of submission)
• Demonstrated editorial success in a fast-paced, demanding, client-driven environment
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
Desired for Editor position:
• Financial services (particularly retirement industry) experience preferred