Editor / Motion Designer - £50k
We are seeking an Editor and Motion Designer with great post-production knowledge to lead our video department, help us create awesome video content and manage our post-production pipeline.
Our client has a different creative model. You’ll work collaboratively in a motivated marketing and design studio with the CMO, Head of Communication and Creative Director. You’ll need to be proactive, entrepreneurial and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that’s trying to change the world.
We create a large variety of projects, from technical animations to advertising campaigns, and we’d like to get better at it.
- Editing videos for content and social channels. These videos have various lengths and purposes, and are created from footage supplied by a variety of production companies, partner companies and stock libraries
- Motion design: titles, graphics, screen recordings of apps and sites, comp work
- Colour grading: matching shots from different sources and improving the look of poorly lit images
- Audio: Music and VO editing, audio effects, and audio mixing
- Manage media server and workflow: including uploading and logging footage in various formats, from around the world. Supplying versions of edits for different platforms and purposes. Knowledge of file formats and best practice for Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube uploads
- Working with the Chief Marketing Officer, Head of Communication, Creative Director, Content Manager and Designers to deliver high quality video assets for what3words channels, PR, product and presentations
- Managing production teams and freelancers
- Ability to create exciting edits and make great music choices
- A designer’s eye for framing images and graphics
- The ability to think on your feet, add ideas and work quickly under pressure
- Good knowledge of best practice for video workflow
- Knowing how to use a DSLR and video camera and 360 camera is a bonus
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Excellent knowledge Premiere Pro, Audition, After Affects, Media Encoder
- Working knowledge of Speed Grade, Photoshop & Illustrator
- At least 2 – 4 years editing, motion design, post-production experience, either solo, or as an assistant to an editor, or at a post-production house
- Any secondary languages are a bonus
The team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates – it’s a good balance, and it’s important for us that we get the right person who is happy working alongside people from these backgrounds. We have a relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and we expect to add more benefits as we grow. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.