Live video is growing on this platform every day, and we're hiring a San Francisco-based editor to help keep up. Your job will be to find, seed and share the best broadcasts and breaking news events as they happen in real time.
We are seeking an energetic and optimistic media junkie. Someone who is insatiably curious and ahead of the curve. The kind of person who's first to share cool stuff in their social circle, whether it's new music, books and films or the GIFs and news headlines everyone winds up talking about later that day. We are looking for someone who has a knack for mining gems from social networks before they go viral. A self-starter ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work on day one, and also ready to grow into a leader able to run a team when the time comes.
- Assess the value of live broadcasts in real time,
- write titles and descriptions
- interact with community members
- 2+ years of online publishing experience with experience curating video and breaking news from social media
- Multi-lingual: must be fluent in English and one other language, preferably Spanish or Portuguese
- Able to make quick editorial decisions that promote a great live stream
- Broad knowledge of global current events, , as well as cultural, social and political trends worth watching
- Comfortable working with media partners
- Able to generate endless ideas for pushing live streaming forward as a form
- Self-starter ready to get to work on day one
- Interest in growing into a leader able to run a team when the time comes
- Bachelor's degree preferred