• Development of various facets of the Bidding platform for Acquisition Marketing, where we process millions of transactions a day.
• Provide engineering advice for technical/architectural issues and improvements.
• Be proactive in reducing technical deb
• Help architect and enhance the current platform.
• Communicate and document solution and design decisions.
• Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code.
• Work closely with an offshore team (Hungary), with occasional business travel to Szeged.
• At least 5 years of Python programming experience.
• Demonstrable experience in using Python to deliver robust and scalable web applications
• Background in OOP, performance and scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity.
• Experience in Spark, Hive & Airflow (or desire to learn).
• Experience in Cloud Infrastructure (AWS), Docker
• Experience with design and architecture of complex systems that scale well with increasing volumes of data.
• Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban, code reviews, continuous integration, pair programming.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams with “You build, you run it” mentality.
• Proven ability to research varied technologies to solve challenging business problems, and quickly develop proof of concepts.
• Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical.
Nice to have
• Experience working with engineering teams in multiple locations.
• MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is nice but not essential
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs