Aquent's client is looking for a Sr. Web Designer (with STRONG prototyping experience) for a 6-month assignment with potential to turn permanent on-location for 40 hours/week, in Bellevue, Washington.
As a Technical Web Designer, you will work with researchers, content strategists, UX designers, product managers and engineers to develop and improve Expedia’s products and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every single day.
- Rapidly prototyping experiences for user studies as part of iterative design processes
- Crafting reusable UI components and flexible, sustainable HTML/CSS
- Discussing technical solutions with peers and providing new ideas to solutions
- Advocating and influencing for front-end standards across organizations
- Working cross-functionally with Engineers - do not need to be technical but must know enough to speak the same language and "talk the talk"
- Work alongside the Media Solutions UX team to identify media and advertising solutions (ex: display and native advertising)
- MUST be able to supply a portfolio with prototyping samples
- MUST be able to prototype with Invision, HTML and/or Principle
- Must be a good communicator, proactive and drive work
- Must have a good design sensibility
- Extensive knowledge of cross-browser/multi-device support
Extra points if
- You have worked on media product design and development and/or have experience in advertising
- You've worked with Display Advertising
- You have ever contributed to a code library or framework
- Experience optimizing for performance. Know the rendering engines in each browser and their weaknesses
- Experience using version control (preferably Git)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS, Sass etc)
- You have expert knowledge of template languages such as Handlebars
- You have experience with Assistive Technologies (VoiceOver, Jaws, NVDA) and can test code for accessibility