General Position Summary:
Responsible for developing product strategy and assortment to maximize sales and profitability of a given area.
· Partner with Merchandise Planner to develop seasonal financial plans at various levels of detail.
· Lead and manage a line planning process that includes style selection and product flow ensuring synergy with financial plans. Develop assortments that support overall strategy of in stock positioning for key merchandise categories taking into account fixture capacity, balanced presentations, accurate and timely receipt flow.
·Responsible for developing, managing and executing merchandising and marketing strategies that will lead to meeting and exceeding sales and margin goals.
· Accountable for merchandise division performance, recommends revisions to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
· Monitor and update forecasts due to sales trends, merchandise availability and other changes in the business.
· Analyze product performance on a department, classification, vendor and style level and react appropriately to sales trends. Responsible for initiating style level markdowns to ensure sell through meetings turnover goals.
· Actively participates in concept meetings and line reviews.
· Communicate merchandising strategies with cross functional teams including Planning, Customer Service, Distribution Centers, Product Creation and Marketing.
· Recap end of season sales performance at necessary detail levels.
· Responsible for process improvement and development as it relates to the Retail effort.
· Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Sportswear store management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Some travel is required.
Contacts are normally made with others inside and outside the company. Internal contacts occur primarily with other members of the Retail Administration, Ecommerce, Retail and Information Technology Departments. External contacts include vendors. Interactions consist of information exchanges often involving somewhat complex and/or technical topics, problem solving, troubleshooting, and training. Contacts frequently involve confidential or sensitive information, and occur either face to face, via phone and/or email.
Specific Job Skills:
· Previous experience working in a merchant organization as a planner, buyer or equivalent position.
· Possess strong knowledge of merchandising, marketing and sales principles.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
· Strong knowledge and experience with floor layouts/visuals.
· Strong market awareness.
· Strong understanding of retail math including intricacies of open to buy, inventory turnover and gross margin.
· Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
· Established method of personal organization.
· PC proficient with working knowledge of Excel including writing formulas.
· Experience in a wholesale apparel organization is preferred.
Bachelors degree in Business, Merchandising or related field, or combination of education and relevant experience.
5-8 years experience in retail merchandise planning, merchandising or allocation.
Previous experience working in a merchant organization as a planner, buyer or equivalent position.
Experience in a wholesale apparel organization is preferred.
Prior retail planning experience is required. Prior experience in implementation of allocation software a ‘NICE TO HAVE’
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
General Position Summary: