Business Analyst - eBusiness
MUST HAVE STRONG E-Business experience in the financial services space
Position Comments: Summary of Responsibilities:
This position will focus on providing cross line of business support for Retail and Group business, and / or support specifically for the Retail and P&C business areas, for eBusiness initiatives.
Specifically, this position requires skills in leading business requirements development as well as past experience in information architecture, functional design, business process creation / implementation, user acceptance testing and overall task leadership.
Candidates must be highly analytical yet pragmatic with strong quantitative capabilities, business judgment and possess good organizational and communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Candidates must possess a "can do" attitude: the ability to enthusiastically and aggressively take ownership for a project(s), prioritize effectively, and ultimately drive the project through to completion.
• Responsible for the evolution of enterprise-class platforms with multiple technology and business layers, during all phases of implementation. Scope tends to be large and complex.
• Formulates features and functionality to parallel overall business strategies.
• Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, develops and documents eBusiness systems and user needs.
• Capable of managing multiple needs for varying business partners, to define strategy for leveraging the online channel to fulfill business goals and increase platform utilization. Translates needs into platform deliverables, develops release scope, utilizes consulting expertise, and presents concepts & strategies. Able to prioritize business needs.
• Responsible for the progress of initiatives, milestones & budgets to ensure timelines & deliverables are met.
• Coordinates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and execution of smoke-testing during deployments for small platform releases, or a subset of items within a larger release.
• Serves as subject matter expert for platform.
• Manages critical vendor relationships, sets expectations and executes best-of-breed vendor system solutions, with targeted customizations.
• Evaluates market research & business intelligence factors for decision making suggestions. Analyzes technical, resource/budget & operational constraints and communicates to management and partners as necessary.
• Highest level individual contributor. Requires independent judgment & decision making skills to address nonstandard assignments & devise solutions often without precedent.
• Likely to function as leader of virtual team(s) comprised of associates permanently assigned to other departments (e.g. business partners, service partners, IT partners, Legal/Compliance).
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Requires 8+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Requires knowledge of how eBusiness and technology support the business.
• Experience with the creation of documentation outlining specific business requirements and process rules.
• Ability to translate business requirements into high-level and detailed functional specifications.
• Ability to communicate effectively with eBusiness, business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
• Knowledge of the IT systems delivery lifecycle, the technology requirements management discipline and familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
• Understanding of Portal, Metrics & Content Management technology a plus
• Experience with business process creation and implementation.
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies/Rational Rose & other Tools/Caliber/HP Quality Center, UML
• Knowledge of user experience design
• Experience with user / usability testing
• Relationship management skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Facilitation skills
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Analytical thinking, project management methodology, creative problem solving, customer focus, functional expertise and influencing skills
• Ability to apply speed and simplicity to accomplish tasks.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Business Analyst - eBusiness