Aquent Studios seeks the support of a skilled Web Design Drupal Developer for a contract role lasting a minimum of 12 months (potentially 2 years or longer).
The Drupal developer performs as an application developer and web consultant, providing design and development in a consultative manner for all aspects of Drupal web application development and web architecture. Keeping abreast of current web technology trends and architecture, she/he will work with designers, IT support individuals, and project managers to develop Drupal web sites that satisfy customer needs, and will help prepare web designs for hosting and effective information dissemination.
Note: These Drupal-based web solutions include 508 compliance, security, and other Federal regulated IT considerations and requirements, and such previous experience is required.
This position will also provide support relating to the development of ePublications, mobile apps, web or multimedia products designed for customers. On these projects, the Drupal Developer is expected to perform on several levels. They must be expert in the use of Drupal to design and develop web sites, and they must know desktop design software and hardware. In addition, they must be able to utilize material (that may be electronic) provided by the customer, and be able to organize information effectively to create a wide variety of web-based solutions for diverse audiences.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with representatives of various Government agencies in design/development planning conferences to determine need, budget, schedule and recommendations for site development.
- Designs, develops, tests, modifies, documents, installs, and maintains Drupal modules and web applications.
- Works with designers to develop sites and consults on web solutions, meeting functional, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Develops innovative ways to implement customers' business requirements using best standards and technology advances relating to the Drupal-based environment.
- Contributes to effectively hosting web sites for customers, working with IT teams to develop solutions using the latest technologies with relational databases as the backend system.
- Attends meetings with management and other representatives, including Federal agencies, to confer on programs, projects, production, services, and requirements regarding all phases of site development and support.
- Performs testing of sites, software applications, software tools and hardware related to Drupal-based environment.
- The Drupal Developer shall have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in major aspects of
- Drupal web application development and web architecture. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Custom drupal development and custom module development, maintenance, and administration
- Drupal Web Content Management System implementation
- Proficiency in PHP within (but not limited to) a GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL environment
- Familiarity with Drupal multi-site installation configuration
- Ability to utilize hook menus, hook form alter, hook query alter, hook install, etc.
- Knowledge of the Drupal 7 database abstraction layer with specific emphasis on writing cross-platform queries, which will run on MSSQL.
- Ability to debug Drupal, and knowledge of cross browser compatibility issues
Please apply through our website. If you experience technical difficulties, please email: ebennett [@] aquent.com.