We are recruiting for our Client based in Reading.
Distribution and Reseller Marketing Manager-a 12 months contract role based in Reading, up to £40k pa
What would a typical day in the role look like?
Planning of activities with distribution or reseller partner
Review of marketing activities for compliance perspective from partners
Sales team meeting to discuss program updates
What makes this role interesting?
Opportunity to work across the global leading technology business, and to be involved in both consumer and commercial marketing opportunities
Responsible for the development of marketing plans through distribution and reseller to support the OEM business selling Office, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Pro licences and OEM devices through these accounts to achieve revenue target.
The role extends across both programmatic marketing funding and execution and the use of local discretional funds to maximize ROI and impact. The remit of the role is broad, from plan creation all the way through POE and extends beyond thru partner marketing activities to events and broader campaigns driving the Windows, Office and Server businesses.
Responsible for the implementation of the OEM channel strategies which include:
- Working with distribution to increase the number of active breadth accounts across the OEM business
- Development of plans to incentivise and train the channel on the value proposition of our portfolio
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing plans to raise awareness of our portfolio throughout the supply chain
- Implementation of the ProWins programs to ensure distributors are supporting the sales of devices with Windows Pro licences attached into the commercial channel
- Communicating to resellers the importance of purchasing genuine software from OEM distributors
- Planning, developing and evaluating marketing plans with tier 1 and 2 resellers to support the sales of Office Home and Business, and Windows Server 2016
- Strengthening relationships with distribution and resellers to positively influence the results of the CPE survey.
- Essential Experience
• Relevant marketing experience in partner/channel marketing – ideally with experience of an OEM product or brand through the channel
• Ability to prioritise activities in line with goals.
- Technical/Functional Skills
• Core marketing skill
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Core presentation skills / confidence
• Able to manage a budget and substantiate an ROI on marketing plan
• Very organized with strong attention to detail – ensure activities happen on schedule and deliver expected results
• Ability to deal with complexity working within a large multi-national business
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to manage a very large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast paced environment
• Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
• Very strong team player but with ability to work with initiative
• Customer focused and Customer satisfaction oriented
• Relevant degree or Institute of Marketing qualification
• Sales/marketing experience (in software industry preferred)
• Relevant marketing experience (in OEM or in the Partner channel)
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language Skills
• Fluent in both verbal and written English
• Flexibility for some domestic travel