Marketing Manager - Display/Media
The Marketing Manager, Media has ownership and direct responsibility for providing thought leadership, strategic direction, and digital display opportunities for a key clients. The role is key in driving our client's digital direct-response campaigns, and requires a big picture view of how to drive commerce across an enterprise. Media focus will be on advanced RTB, performance and data-driven analysis, and manipulation of 1st and 3rd party data as a function to drive display. While primary responsibilities will center around specific client account, the Media Manager will also offer support and overall guidance for new business solicitation and all existing and potential key accounts.
This position supports the quickly-growing media and display needs of our clients, and offers significant professional growth opportunities. Your background should prepare you for discussions with seasoned client-side Media and Marketing professionals. Experience in direct response is mandatory; Retail/ecommerce/financial services vertical experience is helpful . Client and agency side work experience are both relevant. Experience with statistical testing, advanced targeting and segmentation, and use of data to inform decisions for media buying is a must.
This position is for seasoned Media professionals only, who have developed a strong network of relationships with key media properties and networks. A very strong working knowledge of media research, planning and buying tools is mandatory, as is experience throughout the research, planning, and buying process.
• The ability to ideate and deliver innovative display strategies and tactics against measurable ROI Identify opportunities in the market place to solidify and expand client visibility, profitability, and scale
• Own and conduct market/competitor research to be leveraged in current and future strategic executions
• Seek opportunities to grow the business, and cross-sell services based on client needs
• Keep track of changes and trends in the digital display industry, and educate employees and clients by sharing pertinent best practices within the publisher and technology spaces
• Articulates how display is/can be integral part of holistic marketing strategies in support of direct response and brand marketing
• Ability to present to and educate clients on Display principles, tactics and strategies on varying levels based on client knowledge and needs
• Oversee development of display program strategies and analysis for the client, all within our overall cross-channel marketing framework
• Develop test plans and recommendations that drive learning and optimization with advanced targeting, segmentation and creative execution
• Collect and share best practices and learning’s across agency client base
• Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications.
• Bachelor's degree or Equivalent in a related field required
• Minimum of 4-6 years in roles of increasing responsibility in digital display capacity (either agency or client side).
• Extensive display/media buying & playing experience is an absolute requisite; including research, forecasting, planning, execution and performance analysis
• Management experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a management role with direct reports
• Strong familiarity with ecommerce or financial services campaigns, strategies and tactics
• In depth understanding of marketing forecasting, media planning, implementation and performance analysis
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of media tools and technologies (e.g. DART, TruEffect, etc.) Proficiency in media research toolsets (e.g. Nielsen NetRatings, AdRelevance, Hitwise)
• Experience with and knowledge of other digital channels including; search, affiliate, email, SEO and social.
• Understanding of attribution as it relates to online media including last click and attributed revenue models (e.g. ClearSaleing)
• Proven leadership ability and previous client relationship experience required Experience working in financial services, ecommerce, and/or retail
• Proficiency in MS, Word, PowerPoint, Advanced in MS Excel
• Self-starter, efficient time management and strong problem solving skills
• Proficiency in managing numbers
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; commercially oriented, confident, outgoing, articulate, persuasive
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and vendors
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Marketing Manager - Display/Media