Sleek, modern boutique offering trendy men's & women's clothing & shoes, plus home accessories is looking to hire a Director of eCommerce. The ideal candidate has strong eCommerce operations, merchandising, customer acquisition and retention marketing experience and adapts easily to changing business and/or industry needs. S/he is innovative, self-motivated, and has the creative problem-solving skills to identify and evaluate problem areas and implement effective cross-department solutions.
- Develops overarching eCommerce strategies to drive revenue and increase market share in alignment with long-range business plans and strategic priorities; manage execution and budgets, deliver measurable results
- Responsible for all aspects of digital strategy and eCommerce business (i.e. directing the day-to-day site operations, advertising/marketing budget utilization, driving user and customer experience improvements, conversion rate optimization, and site maintenance), while tracking key performance indicators and maintaining top-line and bottom-line targets
- Be an empathetic leader that knows how to get results while contributing to a positive culture where team, customer experience and engagement are top priorities
- Through collaboration, user research, testing, and challenging conventions, develop digital experiences and collaborate with other teams to ensure experiences are seamless and meaningful to customers
- Drive continued growth in eCommerce while achieving sales and margin objectives, without sacrificing customer experience, style, tone, or brand aesthetic
- Work with buyers to empower and measure merchandising decisions
- Analyze customer data, market research, sales results and online marketing effectiveness data to inform strategies and optimize channels; provide insights to support business decisions including marketing activity and promotional plans
- Develop and execute on targets for customer engagement, customer acquisition and customer value including but not limited to customer retention, revenue from new and existing customers, current customers, new customers acquired, SPT, UPT, conversion rate, conversation rate by channel, return on ad spend, subscriber metrics, customer ltv, customer acquisition cost
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce and mobile-first principles are incorporated
- Identify and recommend emerging trends and advancements in web technologies in order to drive new business opportunities that focus on ROI (i.e. registries, ratings and reviews, gifting, etc.)
- Lead the eCommerce team in development and successful execution of key initiatives & prioritization; support career growth, professional development, cross-functional relationships and collaboration among reports and departments.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Monitor site performances and propose continuous improvements along key metrics such as traffic, customer acquisition & retention, conversion, order value, returns and cancellations.
- Work with Marketing team to develop strategy, oversee test deployments, and evaluate background analysis and recommendations after testing to continuously improve the customer experience, improve personalization, and grow sales and contribution.
- Leverage digital marketing tools and technologies (e.g., paid search, social networks, affiliate marketing, remarketing, etc.) to lead an effective eCommerce strategy
- Accountable for customer satisfaction, including managing the customer service department, reviewing shipping and returns policies, and updating packaging and inserts as required
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with third parties, vendors and online partners to explore any new and effective way to improve online customer experience and to generate revenues and profits
- Additional responsibilities, as requested, related to your position/department
- Manage and mentor eCommerce team members, which includes staff within the Marketing, Web Merchandising, Photo Studio, Web Development, and Customer Experience departments.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of ecommerce/digital experience with at least 5 in a management role
- Knowledge of the fashion/apparel industry and understanding of fast-paced, luxury retail environment
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, IT or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge and experience in change management as well as a proven track record of building a successful eCommerce business in a complex, multi-channel retail environment
- Demonstrated strong business judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a diverse, cohesive, high-performing team
- Tactical experience in the construction, launch, and management of e-Commerce sites, with a proven track record of maximizing site activity and conversion
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technology and marketing including SEO/SEM
- Proactive and organized. Resourceful, self-starting problem-solver
- Detail oriented, diligent, data-obsessed. Knows how to balance data and creative intuition. Works well with creative personalities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, able to present complex ideas and systems in a simple way
- Highly adept at defining individual strengths and maximizing internal and external project resources
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to set and reach goals. Excellent organizational and time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Experience utilizing affiliate marketing, social networking and mobile applications preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the Magento eCommerce platform preferred
If interested in being considered and would like more information, please apply to this posting. Qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.