Our global manufacturing client is seeking a Global Brand Design Category Lead, that will have the primary responsibility for bringing a high level design voice to the team. They will implement and infuse the global brand design vision and provide inspirational leadership across the division. Ability to monitor, influence and inform multiple initiatives from ideation to commercialization so that ideas are protected from becoming normalized or compromised as they make their way to market. The individual will have the ability to work seamlessly across the organization and partner with cross-functional category leaders to help demonstrate the effectiveness and value of design. Partner with world-class design agencies to develop best in class design, as well as develop global brand guidelines that will be utilized for all brands globally. Train cross-functional category teams to ensure all design initiatives are executed on brand and adhere to the brand guidelines.
• Champion brand design as a strategic business tool and demonstrate its relevance to company's business challenges, growth opportunities and the 2021 Strategy Plan.
• Demonstrate the power and value of integrated design solutions across multiple touch points by applying design strategies and resources to the end-to-end development of product, package, merchandising, shelf and digital.
• Lead development of brand design strategies based on brand foundation tools and brand architecture to help drive sustainable growth.
• Ensure all design strategies deliver meaningful, cohesive and differentiated experiences to drive the target’s brand preference.
• Guide the implementation of brand design strategies across global regions to enhance economies of scale and brand effectiveness.
• Identify, develop, deploy and manage external design capabilities and resources.
• Lead and develop design guidelines to ensure seamless consumer experience across multiple touch points.
• Drive thought leadership in brand design and identify and interpret trends and their meaning, competitive activities and their implications, key consumer/customer activities and needs, and emerging technologies and their potential applications.
• Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team that fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
• Manage brand design training and skills development within design team.
Travel up to 35%
Ideal candidates will possess:
• At least 10 years of professional experience in a design agency/marketing agency, Fortune 100 CPG firm.
• Undergraduate degree in Design /Design Strategy /Design Management.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Innovative, collaborative, inspirational and good at building talent.
• Functional strategic and creative excellence. Conceptual and analytical and thinker.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
• Global curiosity, business savvy, strong customer and marketing experience.
• Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a manner that inspires and motivates others to understand, meet and exceed expectations.