The Digital Media Director will be a critical member of the Digital Marketing team responsible for the development and management of the companies digital marketing strategy and corresponding digital marketing plans. This role will oversee paid social media, display and affiliate programs from media plan through to daily operations. The Digital Media Director will bring innovative customer acquisition ideas to market, driving cost effective customer acquisition and engagement. The ideal candidate has expertise planning and managing digital marketing campaigns, direct response marketing, and a history of performance based on data-driven insights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and drive the acquisition strategy and vision for new customers across digital (online and mobile)
• Develop media plans to achieve subscription goals within financial targets, demonstrating the ability to translate business strategy into digital marketing tactics.
• Build media plans for all business lines within to drive relevant metrics including new channel launches, product line extensions, promotions, and sweepstakes.
• Manage the execution of acquisition initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
• Manage digital marketing budget across social media, display, mobile, affiliates to achieve program KPIs including CPAs.
• Agency management - evaluate current set of agency partners. Lead and conduct RFP's to ensure best in class buying, placement and effectiveness. Manage team and agencies to successfully deliver on objectives.
• Track, analyze, and inform teams of all program KPIs and performance to goal, and present weekly action-driven plan to impact those drivers.
• Perform as proactive leader who actively manages all placements to optimize and improve placement daily. Understand how media metrics translate to business metrics and drive performance.
• Actively seek new media channels and capabilities and partner with business teams to test.
• Work closely with lines of business to develop deep understanding of customer segments.
• Work closely with business groups, IT, finance, design, legal and other internal teams to deliver acquisition programs.
• Develop and drive creative testing and versioning. Understand key drivers of campaign click thru and ability to translate into creative or placement or landing strategies for effectiveness.
• Expertise in digital media planning, buying and ad operations
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, people management and organizational skills
• Expertise with digital attribution concepts and practices
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to objectively measure results
• Superior communication of ideas, documentation of plans and relationship building with business partners
• Excellent presentation skills from business plans to interim reporting to evaluating programs and campaigns.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to smoothly manage change in direction while remaining organized and goal-oriented.
• Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Proficiency working with MS Excel
• This position will manage a Digital Marketing Manager and agency relationships.
• BA/BS. Degree in business or marketing-related major preferred, MA preferred
• 7+ years in digital and direct response marketing
• 7+ years of experience managing online budgets
• Agency experience a plus
• Ability to communicate with both Marketing and IT Teams
• Comparable/related industry required (mainstream subscription services, automotive industry or automotive aftermarket, traditional direct marketing, internet services, entertainment, satellite television, credit card services, or cellular services) preferred
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Expertise with digital media platforms a plus (Facebook, Google, Bing Ads, DSPs)
• Expertise with ad serving and operations, including tag management
• Proven web analytics skills (Google Analytics and Omniture preferred)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs