Aquent's energy client is seeking a Director of Corporate Communications for a full-time opportunity located in Pearl River, New York.
Responsibilities: The Manager, plans, implements and manages corporate communications activities to promote awareness and understanding of company policies, programs and procedures and other matters by internal and external audiences. Develops and directs departmental projects to help the company meet its communications goals and mandated informational requirements. Ensures integration and alignment, wherever possible of materials and communication efforts.
Our client takes special interest in their customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders. Manages the design, development, and execution of all departmental communications programs, including digital and video productions, advertising, photography, executive correspondence and speeches, design, employee communications, consumer communications, social media, workplace digital signage sand Internet and corporate Intranet sites. Work includes customer newsletters and bill inserts as well as weekly employee newsletter. Acts as project manager on all departmental projects to ensure accurate, timely and on-budget completion for internal clients. Reviews monthly accounts with departmental budget administrator to track financial compliance. Assigns and supervises staff as well as manages services provided by vendors, including freelance resources. Establishes deadlines and job standards and reviews all completed work prior to release. Manages the company-adopted Northeast Gas Association Regional Public Awareness and Education Program for Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipelines, a federally-mandated program. Directs the maintenance of proper documentation to satisfy periodic compliance reviews.Provides appropriate leadership and guidance to promote professional development of assigned personnel.Manages overall administration of the department, including employee records, vendor contracts, time sheets, after-hour duty schedules, and monthly financial and activity reports.Serves as Information Officer during storm events and other emergencies, and assigns appropriate department members to serve as functional coordinators in Corporate Communications, Public Information and Employee Communications.
During storm events and other emergencies when ICS is invoked, partner with Customer Service Business Systems (CIMS) to assign staff for Storm Communications – Quality Control as a functional branch under the Information Office umbrella.Handles after-hours news media inquiries on rotating basis; provides daytime coverage when Media Relations Manager is unavailable.Keeps informed and up-to-date with relative current trends in the industry, such as website development. Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Communications, English, Business, Journalism or related field.
· Must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate communications, news media, public relations, marketing, or advertising.
· Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
· Must have an understanding of website development and management tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, SharePoint Designer.
· Must be familiar with website analytics tools, such as Web trends and Google Analytics.
· Must be familiar with current social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Strong presentation abilities at press conferences, public meetings or to senior level executives.
· Responds well under stress.Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
· Must be able to participate in the Company’s emergency management processes and storm plans as required.