The Account Management Director (Director) leads and manages the Aquent Studios account management team supporting the Merck client. Leveraging the Account Manager Team Lead, the Director will manage the account management team to ensure new business is properly planned for, developed, managed and handed off to the project management team. The Director will partner with the business analyst and senior leadership in analyzing project and financial data within the workflow database, reviewing billing/invoicing reports. The Director will need to have extensive experience with prioritizing and managing projects as well as the skills to delegate and communicate with various members of a team. This is a significant role within the Studio; therefore, it requires someone who is highly organized and dependable.
Client Relationship Management:
- Support Aquent account team with existing and development of new relationships with Merck stakeholders as needed.
- Partner with Managing Director to engage with Sr. Level Merck Executives.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal Merck partners (i.e. Promotion Managers, POPs, DP, print vendors, AORs). In addition to those supported by other Aquent Leadership team members.
- Partner with Director of Operations to evaluate projects for adherence to client standards and ensure processes are being followed from intake through the studio process.
- Collaborate effectively with Aquent Studio as required to ensure quality deliverables.
- Supports and provides insight regarding ever changing environment to senior leadership.
- Participate in key stakeholder client meetings and partnering with Account Managers, as needed.
- Monitor and manage customer satisfaction with work delivered through personal interactions, as well as, other regular survey instruments.
- Increase exposure of Studio capabilities to Merck Senior Leadership.
Operations and Leadership:
- Facilitate and oversee Account Leads in supporting training.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to all team members as required.
- Provide final approval on all new and updated SOW’s.
- Partner with the Business Analyst for reporting needs. Establish guidelines with Studio team to review/manage QvA. Provide support when needed to analyze project activity.
- Lead bi-weekly meetings with all team members.
- Manage the account managers and ensure they are meeting/following the client guidelines and deadlines.
- Ensure team understands process to meet Zinc/PRT guidelines.
- Strong understanding of Merck guidelines, templates and processes.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership in standardizing existing Studio processes, tools and documentation and problem-solve for all Studio roadblocks and recognize opportunities for improvements.
- Approve timecards, expense reports and training requests for Account team.
- BA/BS degree or higher preferred, and at least 7-10 years’ work experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Track record of success in leading and managing a creative operations and/or account management team
- Strong knowledge of project management workflows
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Possesses a “whatever it takes mentality”
- Is a collaborative, generous team player – someone who readily shares ideas but also can happily build on other’s ideas
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas, assess risk and mitigate appropriately and effectively
- Excellent planning and negotiating skills, coupled with the ability to make decisions quickly yet successfully
- Can manage time appropriately and meet aggressive deadlines
- Can quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates, priorities
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
- Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
- Excellent and affordable health and dental insurance
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), FSA's and voluntary insurance programs
- Paid weekly
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous Learning Fund that may be used for seminars, courses, degree and certificate programs