Our client is looking for an Integrated Channel leader who will drive their brand-and-retailer global initiatives to provide high-level business planning and developmental key strategies. The ideal candidate will have well-rounded global experience strategizing, planning and driving the execution of retailer marketing and promotional activity. As the Director of Retail Marketing, you will collaborate actively with Senior Management, Cross-Functional Internal Teams and our Retail Partners to reinforce overarching brand strategies that align with budget, as well as monitor and track retailer programming. This position will require the ability to drive timelines, strategically differentiate brand by retailer while supporting the company brand essence and key initiatives.
This position is the conduit of Sales/International Operations/ retail programming and represented as a valued brand player to our client's retail partners. The ability to travel globally is required to visit with retail partners.
- Develop & Define Assortment Strategy: Lead company SKU priorities to include core and seasonal newness & product discontinuation strategies globally. Make recommendations on product assortment by retailer and gain strategic alignment.
- Lead strategy, development & execution of seasonal and core samples, sets & GWP initiatives globally
- Lead 360 priority launch plans by retailer to include development of Pre, Launch & Post Launch.
- Lead internal and external team communication of all pertinent retailer product information
- Product Launch: Partner with Sales, Director of Inventory, Corporate Sales Directors, Marketing, PD & Analyst to have a comprehensive understanding of volume goals on seasonal product launches and work collaboratively reviewing the top 30 SKU's assessing SKU productivity and performance.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills to identify opportunities to differentiate brand within and across all retailers.
- Define & Provide suggested Mix of Business by Category & Key Sku Priorities to help establish company goals and metrics.
- Budget: Create, Track & Monitor Global Sampling & Retail Marketing
- Direct & Guide Global Retail Marketing Team
- Develop strategies to improve ROI on promotional activities.
- Be a nimble, resilient and responsive internal player and brand partner. Proactively identify opportunities and challenges; establish and execute action plans to drive success.
- Review category and product sales regularly; create and execute action plans for improved core/focus SKU performance.
- Drive brand-and-retailer initiatives to provide high-level business planning and developmental, key strategies.
- Lead content strategy for market week seasonally
- Collaborate cross-functionally to reinforce overarching company and brand strategies that align with budget, monitor and track retailer programming.
- Position requires North America and International travel. (Europe, Middle East and Africa, South East Asia, & Latin America)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- Minimum 10 years of retail marketing experience, preferably in cosmetics industry
- Expert in sales analysis and strategic planning / execution
- Ability to analyze and manage a budget
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive timelines
- Outstanding leadership qualities and proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working with both Domestic and International Retailers (Ulta, Sephora, SIJCP, Macy’s, Sephora Europe, Debenhams, and Selfridges)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, committed, tenacious and goal-oriented
- Energetic and passionate with an entrepreneurial, flexible spirit
- Team player with a positive, professional and enthusiastic “can-do” attitude