Large Media and Entertainment company in Burbank is seeking a Director of Marketing Strategy to join their team. This is a 9-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
Marketing Strategy is the marketing arm of the Studio's Entertainment Television and Distribution department. Their business is responsible for marketing strategy, creative content, creative advertising, research, media, digital marketing/Social Media, CRM/DMR, publicity and synergy of every movie move released theatrically and all in home franchises across the Studios. They are responsible for all marketing strategy and marketing plans across all windows following theatrical.
- Serve as primary point of contact for campaigns for interdepartmental leads, cross line of business partners, franchise, PR, media, digital marketing, synergy and research.
- Develop and execute early Marketing Strategy/positioning and campaign timing in partnership with leadership, ensure all day to day campaign elements align with over- arching campaign goals(and AOP projections) and develop Marketing Plans for all global campaigns to meet overarching product/business goals.
- Manage creative deadlines and coordinate marketing debuts across platforms, with detailed project management ability to maximize impact.
- Provide financial oversight for marketing and media basics, bonus budget and provide guidance in the AOP, five year planning process and pre-release planning.
- Provide oversight in day to day management of budgets including re-allocation of budget across departments to fund priority tactics.
- Facilitate department wide brainstorms, championing big ideas and innovative thinking.
- Oversee the development of all campaign strategy documents and presentations for updates to various internal and external groups (filmmakers, cross campaign kick offs, marketing meetings, weekly department meetings, updates to Product teams, etc).
- Present campaign strategy, marketing plan and updates to large groups (cross marketing kick offs, synergy meetings, weekly department meetings, Product Planning meetings, etc)
- Responsible for the creation of marketing and messaging, strategy, positioning and tactical development of all campaign elements and activities in a given period – threading marketing messaging across platforms.
- Maintain current status of all campaign materials/initiatives across departments, responsible for sharing information with wider marketing team, product team, managing weekly department meetings and creative review sessions.
- Partners with all marketing teams to manage an effective campaign and integrated brand identify for each film liaising with Studio Marketing, Senior Leaders, Filmmakers, Brand Partners, and lines of business.
- Pro-actively generate big picture thinking and seek out innovative approaches to campaigns across teams.
- Approve creative/messaging across all advertising materials, ensuring consistency and integration with wider marketing campaign. (with an understanding of what elements need to be escalated through approval process).
- Facilitate and ensure all necessary approvals on marketing elements – including legal clearances and product team. With the ability to champion marketing executions and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Serves as key marketing team representative for all external departments to ensure all stakeholders aware of marketing strategy, marketing campaign and relevant information regarding timelines.
- Facilitates relationships between functional areas to ensure collaboration.
- Seek, identify and execute process and communication improvements to align the various divisions within marketing and product behind a focused strategy of our films and franchises, identify areas of improvement and work with teams to be more efficient.
- 7+ years marketing for major film studio/titles and in home entertainment.
- Experience creating and executing campaigns for in home distribution.
- Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
- Digital experience
- High level capacity to be a strong communicator, collaborate and influencer across teams.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Articulate presentation skills, specifically large group presentations.
Other Related Requirements:
- Be able to work effectively in a highly matrix organization.
- Have creative sensibilities
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Be courageous and willing to speak up and share opinions.
- Be collaborative.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Be able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
- Have strong knowledge of in home business.
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related film.