*This is a permanent full time staff position*
The Director Market Access, Strategic Planning & Payer Marketing, Oncology is responsible for developing the strategies (in alignment with brand) to drive market access for the oncology brands in all commercial and government channels. In addition to helping set the strategy, this role will also be responsible for identifying innovative opportunities. The role leads deployment of appropriate tactics and monitoring of critical success factors to ensure progress and successful outcomes against the plan are being achieved. The role will be responsible for identifying gaps in progress and finding solutions to address any such gaps. This position is highly visible and will report directly into the EVP of Market Access and serves on the group’s executive leadership team.
The Director will be the primary point of contact in Market Access aligned with the brand teams and, in such role, will be accountable for ensuring brand imperatives are being pursued effectively by the Market Access team, and that the appropriate functions within Market Access are deployed to meet those imperatives. The role will also keep the brand aware of the status of progress against those imperatives. Interactions with other key stakeholders cross-functionally include the Market Access functions, Brand and Sales leadership, field-based Regional, National, GPO, Trade and Reimbursement Account Managers, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance.
Tactical responsibilities include development of the payer specific product plans and plans of action; executable playbooks for channel, segment and key account management; the development and execution of any necessary payer collateral aligned with Brand management (including media management); the development and implementation of non-branded programs and tactics; any and all required strategic planning & marketing processes (e.g. pull through production and Legal/Medical/Regulatory/Compliance approvals) and relationship management with 3rd party vendors supporting Strategic Planning and Marketing. This role will manage the specific budgets allocated to support the respective branded and non-branded initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Lead Market Access strategic planning for the oncology brands; along with the brand teams, set strategic imperatives and monitors progress against those imperatives; deliver desired outcomes and identify solutions to overcome challenges to those outcomes.
2. Drive any strategic projects identified as critical to the business; i.e. distribution strategy development, ACO and/or quality initiatives, etc.
3. Translate brand strategic imperatives and tactics into the necessary payer and commercial tactics (collateral, POAs, playbooks, publication/media plan, etc.).
4. Collaborate with relevant Brand management to provide payer and commercial input to the respective brands, and keep both the brand teams and Market Access teams aware of important status or other matters.
5. Collaborate with the Market Access field team and other functions (in and out of Market Access) to ensure reimbursement and coverage issues are addressed with payers, hospitals and IDNs.
6. Lead the development and implementation of non-branded programs and tactics.
7. Lead and manage the payer and commercial Legal/Medical/Regulatory/Compliance approval process.
8. Successfully manage strategic planning and marketing budgets relative to specific projects.
9. Successfully manage vendor relationships.
• BS/BA required (sciences or business/finance acceptable), MBA preferred
• Experience: 10+ years in the pharmaceutical industry with demonstration of increasing responsibility
• Experience in market access. Good understanding of the market place dynamics and evolving trends. Ideally, also experience in the oncology market place and in some combination of sales, sales management, marketing, and/or account management in that market place
• Demonstrated managed markets/customer segment knowledge, inclusive of all major payer and commercial channels (MCOs/PBMs, retail pharmacy and wholesale distributors, Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DOD), as well as a solid understanding of pharmacy and medical benefit plan designs
• Strategic thinker with demonstrated problem solving capability
• Effective project management skills
• Clear communicator with matrix leadership capabilities
• Understanding of the applicable legal and regulatory environment
• Limited Travel: Approximately 15% travel to attend meetings, conferences, POA's, etc.