This position serves as an editor for digital and social media content channels to promote business capabilities, programs and products internally and externally. The Digital and Social Media Coordinator will report to the Sr. Manager, Digital & Social media and will work in concert with other business colleagues and the corporate Digital & Social Media team to develop content that ensures business visibility and unified Raytheon branding. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties, as well as others that are assigned.
• Assist with executing integrated digital & social media strategy with public relations, marketing, product line communications and organizational communications colleagues.
• Assist with managing the content, design and function of the business’ digital and social media footprint.
• Serve as editor for internal and external business media content channels. Ensure content is current, easily found, efficiently organized and socially appropriate. Maintain the business editorial calendar to ensure sharing of interesting, timely materials on all company-owned platforms.
• Develop multimedia story packages and assets for the company’s digital and social channels.
• Assist with monitoring the brand, products and competitors online to assess and mitigate brand risk and crises in the digital and social sphere.
• Assist with Digital & Social media training and development.
• Assist with analyzing digital and social data and creating reports that showcase accomplishments and provide insights for improvement.
• 4 years of related experience (with related Bachelor’s degree – see below)
• 2 years of related experience (with related Master’s degree – see below)
• Excellent writing and editing skills for Web content required; proof of successful Web content development; outstanding verbal communication skills, confidence and professionalism to influence at all levels of the business.
• Understanding of Web content management, along with some knowledge of Web analytics tools and search engine optimization.
• Experience developing and executing both a professional and personal social networking presence required, particularly involving Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Linkedin.
• Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex material and break it down into concise, compelling stories that leverage interactive media to engage online visitors.
• A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies quickly.
• Working knowledge of HTML, PhotoShop, and content management tools.
• Experience working in cross-functional team.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Background in journalism and online/multimedia storytelling.
• Experience executing social media strategy for a large enterprise.
• Experience working in the aerospace and defense industry or a large enterprise.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Interactive Media, Information Technology or job related equivalent experience.
Major U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics.