Organizes file-based video and audio assets and utilizes in-house software tools. Works closely with Operations, and Scheduling to act upon workflow/workorders to push file based assets into Digital Asset Manager using in-house tools.
Works closely with Operations to perform file restore and delete operation, and ensures that file-based assets are correctly named, and properly placed in the digital archive.
• Works closely with Production Systems Engineering to establish and audit system and directory service security.
• Adheres to Security policies established in the department and works closely with other team members to ensure that data files are maintained in a secure application environment.
2. Production Support
• Works closely with Operations, Scheduling and other production personnel to store, restore and delete files.
• Performs file push, restore and delete operations using system, manufacturer’s tools and in-house software tools.
• Provides user level feedback on in-house automation tools.
• Verifies content naming consistency on media files at Work Order completion, with the goal of maintaining integrity of the digital archive.
• Follows department standards and best practices.
• Serves as an escalation point for operational issues within the Data I/O Group.
• Communicates status and issues to management on a regular basis, and escalates issues expediently.
• Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
4. Other Duties As Required
• Cross trains with other members of the Data I/O group so that crossover coverage is provided
• Knowledge of tape based archival is desired.
• Good knowledge of operating Systems such as Windows and Linux.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
• Experience in data organization, file folders, folder structures is mandatory.
• Experience with usage of software automation tools.
• Familiarity with Video and Audio workflows is a plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs