Our agency client is searching for an excellent Digital Support Manager to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis. This individual will field any requests from clients' existing websites. The support manager would also be managing a team of off-site developers. They'd be expected to perform smaller scale web updates. Essentially this position is focused around the management of their clients' sites and maintaining their day-to-day needs. The Digital Support manager is the main point person who responds to their concerns and requests, discuss solutions, educate them, and guide their decision-making.
- Act as clients’ main point person, responding to calls and emails, triaging new tickets that they open, and guiding them in their decision-making.
- Manage dedicated support developers to ensure that all development work gets completed on time, on budget, and to client specifications.
- Coordinate work sessions with the developer and client to ensure that the client is available to test and approve changes.
- Test and verify the developer’s fixes before handing them off to the client.
- Do light UX & design work where needed to give the developer direction.
- Provide training and updates to documentation as clients’ site functionality evolves.
- Help to grow the support side of the business and develop good systems and practices that can scale up in the future.
- Review and approve support time sheets & invoices.
- Routinely review client websites from a UX, content, design, and functionality perspective to suggest improvements.
- Has at least 5 years’ experience managing website projects for an agency or other group in a client-facing role (can be internal or external clients).
- Has at least 3 years’ experience working with the Drupal content management system and has strong familiarity with the Drupal ecosystem of contributed modules.
- Knows HTML.
- Has experience with graphics software such as Photoshop or Sketch.
- Is an all-around web generalist, with working knowledge of what makes great design, content, and user experience.