The QA specialist is the final check on quality before our site's optimized content is published, and will verify that all elements placed internally are displaying live as intended. It's crucial that the candidate be the foremost expert on the rules of optimization, the organization's style guide, and have a strong sense of an optimized user experience.
Most important aspects are:
* Strong visual eye – to check for page layout detail
* Digital production editing – familiar with web production/copy vs print (we’ll ask the person to check links and alt text on photos)
* Expert knowledge of content optimization rules
* SEO expertise
* Copy editing
* Takes ownership of production problems and suggests solutions as needed
* Working hours 8:30 to 5:30.
Web optimization includes SEO optimization, mobile optimization, 508 compliance, video embeds, alt text, and other ways to increase appearance search results.
Need ability to handle large volume at times, and work flexible hours up to 15% of time. Up to three weeks time off over 12 months (outside of heavy web production periods).
At least two years inside a large matrix organization preferred.
Position entails both unpublished CMS work as well as live QA. Most of the QA work happens after the content is already live, but the candidate will also be asked to do a QA check on some content before publishing.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs