AQUENT is seeking a Digital Project Manager for one our clients in Washington, D.C.
This position will be with their Editorial Promotions Project Management Services team.
• Assist in the development of promotion plans and lead the event planning and execution of clients' Movies for Grownups state screening events. Collaborate and coordinate with project stakeholders at the National office and in the State offices, as well as external vendors and partners throughout the project lifecycle. Track, analyze and report results to support goals around member engagement and relevance.
• Support the planning, promotion and execution of high profile events such as the Movies for Grownups Awards, TV for Grownups Awards and the clients' Magazine promotional events. Assist in planning event budgets, managing vendors, and tracking project costs. Manages aspects of event logistics and execution.
• Develop marketing and promotional copy for print, digital and social media channels, as assigned.
• Support the execution and fulfillment of Media contest and sweepstakes. Track, analyze and report results.
• Help manage Facebook channel content and strategy, including development and testing of content, responding to posts, and developing a paid strategy.
• Assist in promotion plan development or project management for other Client Content initiatives, as assigned.
POSITION COMPLEXITY, INTERACTION & IMPACT
This position requires knowledge of Clients' media/communications channels and platforms. He/she should have experience and knowledge of available print, online, video, and social media promotions strategies and tactics. This position requires solid project management skills. He/she must be able to work independently to solve problems, and execute a project plan when provided with general instructions. He/she must be able to work collaboratively in a matrix environment in order to achieve success. Ability to think creatively and actively contribute to the planning process is essential. The ability to think ahead to foresee problems, as well as independently problem-solve in the moment is required.
Contact and interaction is informative, coordinative, and collaborative with media staff as well as staff in other parts of the Association. Will also coordinate directly with vendors and other external partners in order to implement projects. Works closely with the Director of Media Promotions to develop promotion and project plans.
This position is critical to the success of a wide scope of promotional activities, as well as for successfully integrating plans and efforts with other areas of the Association. Impact of erroneous decision-making could impact the success of Clients' media initiatives. The responsibilities of this position directly affect member engagement, satisfaction, relevance and Clients' social mission success.
DESIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, or related discipline and 5-7 years of experience in promotions, marketing or project management.
• Experience in event planning
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex, long-term projects
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proven critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment