Our large, global design consultancy client is looking for a Digital Project Manager (or as they call Program Manager) to help guide client projects and help define process within the studio. This is a freelance role for 3+ months working in the NY studio with a large team of UX focused individuals. The client focuses on Service Design for their clients, working on innovative products such as websites and mobile applications.
Program Managers here are strategic problem-solvers who preserve design at the center of the work while achieving our client’s goals. As a Program Management Associate Manager, you will support the leadership of Program Management as a discipline and play a role in ensuring projects are managed successfully from pitch to completion. This is your opportunity to shape the craft with a team that leads and drives innovation projects for global clients.
As a team, we:
● Facilitate and align communication between the client and the project team.
● Ensure all aspects of projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
● Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
As a Program Management Associate Manager, you:
· Guide projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders.
· Collaborate between business functions and accounts to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability, and efficiency of project deliveries.
· Work with the program leadership team to support the creation of documents and tools that define Program Management as a discipline and a practice within the studio.
· Manage Program Management activities at the account and project level.
· Own all program/project management responsibilities on mid to large projects, with ability to handle Strategy and Delivery program of work.
· Assume responsibility for Program Management activities and relationships for individual projects.
· Contribute in leading activities within Program Management communities. Play an active part in Program Management communities and the activities within.
Working together, we will:
· Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
· Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
· Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
· 5+ years of leading a team in the successful delivery of design and development projects in an Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall environment.
· Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
· A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers or working with fellow team members and clients.
· A passion for representing the human perspective in design and skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
· A high level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
· A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems — addressing them effectively and efficiently.
· A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
· Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask.
· Strong understanding of project accounting.
· Ability to cost estimate a large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets.
· Experience in account management and business development practices.
· Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations.
· Demonstrated experience managing creative and interactive initiatives.
· Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy.
· Experience managing complex, multi-location and multidiscipline projects.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff.
· 5–7 years of program management, product management, project management or relevant experience within a client service organization.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Program Management or related field.