Our client is an international innovative consumer goods company, producing leading e-cigarette brands, as well as lifestyle energy products. Headquartered in Amsterdam, with more than 200 employees working across offices in Amsterdam and the USA and research labs in Hamburg and Beijing.
About the role:
As the Digital Project Manager you will report directly to the Digital Product Owner and will act as business lead for your portfolio of eCommerce and Digital projects. This role will translate strategic business initiatives and requirements into detailed project plans to be carried out by the digital team and partners.
The Digital Project Manager is part of the Digital team. The Digital team is responsible for the realisation of the global e-commerce strategy. The team is a small and agile team that operates with minimal hierarchy. You have senior experience working in a complex and challenging environment both from an internal stakeholder’s perspective as from a market perspective. You are performance driven, strategic, have an eye for detail and a no-nonsense approach.
You work very closely with the digital team, marketing team and preferred partners and you will be responsible for successfully executing on your project plans and communicating with all team members involved. You report to the Digital Product Owner.
The digital project manager will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Gather business requirements and develop detailed project briefs that outline objectives, audiences, KPIs, scope across all departments and stakeholders/partners involved and lead internal project kickoffs
- Manage and oversee the project plan and day-to-day tasks for implementation of eCommerce and Digital projects across current and new markets including briefing partners, developing schedules, assigning and monitoring tasks and carrying out quality assurance.
- Provide support with maintaining a big picture view of active and planned projects between eComm, CRM, Tech and Projects to identify potential issues or overlap and bring these forward to appropriate Team Lead.
- Participate in sprint planning with internal team and partners for both UX/Design and Development and attend standups, planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Support Global eComm Manager with ongoing optimizations and A/B tests. Oversee design backlog, assign priorities, review for accuracy and enter tickets within Jira for development
- Work closely with Project and Technology teams to manage master project plan, prioritize work within sprint plans, finalize requirements, create user stories, brief design and development and monitor quality of work throughout - prior to and following launch.
- Manage and support ad-hoc requests and projects from suppliers and digital team such as tracking updates, SEO improvements, campaigns, A/B testing, etc.
- Provide clear communication and build strong relationships amongst all project stakeholders including internal teams (US/Amsterdam) and external partners.
- Stay abreast of digital trends and innovations that can be utilized and participate in knowledge sharing within the Digital team.
- Support the creation and implementation of new processes within the Digital team to improve alignment between business and technology and communication amongst the team and external partners
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- University Degree: Business Administration, International Business, Marketing or related degree
- 3-5 years e-commerce & digital experience, ideally both client and agency side
- Exceptional project management skills and experience
- Experience with analytical reasoning; able to assess/determine clear business outcomes
- Proven ability to manage internal, cross functional teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Hands-on experience with managing backlogs, creating user stories and working within an agile scrum development process.
- Experienced in managing complex projects that cover website builds, SEO, analytics, online marketing, CRM and localization.
- Exceptional ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority; experienced in stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of Basecamp, Demandware, Salesforce, Marketing cloud, JIRA and Confluence is a bonus
- Ambitious, self-motivated and driven for career progression
- Experience in working in an international environment is a must