Education and Experience
• BS/BA degree required in an appropriate field.
• 3-5 years of Project Management experience in an eCommerce organization working with software development teams building internet-based, customer-facing products.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a Waterfall software development lifecycle.
Certifications and Highlighted Capabilities (preferred but not required upon entry)
• Project Management Certification
• Familiarity with Customer Centric Design a plus
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience leading projects using an agile methodology or Kanban highly desire but not required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Provides oversight and leadership of digital projects
o Leads a cross-disciplined team composed of 5-10 members from User Experience, Customer Research, Content Development, Business Analysis, Engineering and Quality Assurance through an entire project lifecycle.
o Monitors day-to-day project team activities and ensures work is progressing as planned.
o Manages schedule, budget, assets and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
o Ensures all project deliverables meet Marriott.com standards and enterprise-wide project management standards for system design, implementation and production.
o Actively monitors project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identifies solutions to address them in advance.
o Conducts internal project team meetings and distributes meeting notes to project team.
Manages stakeholder relationships and communications
o Interfaces with internal business stakeholders to ensure digital solution is understood and addresses stakeholder’s business requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
o Identifies any needs that business stakeholders may not recognize and ensures approaches and solutions are linked to stakeholder objectives.
o Communicates and documents project status and strategic recommendations to business stakeholders, senior management and the PMO.
o Manages project related external vendor relationships on a day-to-day basis.
o Develops and approves vendor engagements and statements of work as they pertain to project staffing needs.
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Project Management - The ability to use a defined process to create and manage a project; this includes defining and achieving success within constraints of scope, time, resources and budget.
o Project Business Planning– The ability to facilitate project planning, approval and funding decisions using a defined process; this includes determining resource needs and work allocation.
o Project Financial Management – The ability to determine and manage project financial issues; this includes developing and maintaining the project business case and managing the project to a budget.
o Project Management Software - The ability to use computer software (e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint) to organize, coordinate and present project information.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Creative Expression - The ability to generate novel ideas or strategies, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel methods that captivate and influence others.
o Marketing - The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability.
o Internet/Intranet/Extranet Design - Knowledge of web and digital fundamentals, including web and digital design principles and approaches, the impact of various technical design choices.