Digital Project Manager-Freelance
Our client in Costa Mesa, is a rapidly growing full-service, digitally driven advertising agency that helps people and brands fall in love. They offer a creative, fun, casual, and collaborative work environment focused on building on-going relationships between their clients’ brands and their clients' target customers via numerous media platforms. These include display ads, micro-sites, rich media, videos, websites and other digital units designed to engage, motivate and ultimately generate results.
The Digital Project Manager has primary responsibility for day-to-day project management of interactive assignments such as online display ads, rich media, social media, social media apps, HTML emails, micro-sites, mobile web apps, websites, and more. The Digital PM coordinates the efforts of internal Creative, Account, Media, and Interactive departments in addition to external vendors to manage the creation of online content, build structure, and implementation. The Digital PM will work with the leads from each area to ensure the appropriate resources are in place and the work is conducted in a timely manner and within approved specs, scope and budget -- while exceeding the clients’ expectations.
Major Job Functions
• Lead cross functional teams in the development and execution of digital campaigns, including websites, micro-sites, banner ads, rich media, email campaigns, mobile applications, search and social media engagements.
• Manage client engagements to ensure account profitability while client expectations are met or exceeded.
• Responsible for the consistent successful execution of a project from estimation through launch, as well as ongoing maintenance.
• Champions and consistently employs, improves and shares project management processes & standards.
• Mentors others on processes.
• Assists in defining, creating and leading project management processes & standards.
• Owns the facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks.
• Interactive PM is responsible for ensuring resources are assigned and allocated appropriately to the project plan throughout the life of the project; works with the team through resource issues as they arise; assumes ownership of the internal tools and processes to ensure accuracy.
• Owns and facilitates internal project status meetings
• Collaborates with the account leadership to identify and analyze risks and determine mitigation plans.
• Drives toward successful completion of the agreed upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget with quality.
• Is accountable for tracking and reporting of budgets throughout each project’s lifecycle.
• Is accountable for estimating of projects in detail
• Is accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing account leadership of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise on the project.
• Manages utilization targets for team.
• Works on new business efforts to ensure proper estimating and assumptions are made throughout the proposal/SOW process. Ensures multiple approaches are presented if needed.
• Is central point of contact regarding the estimation process. Utilizes the team leads to determine estimate.
• Works closely with media department trafficking projects.
• Responsible for managing usage rights for project assets.
• BA/BS required
• 3-5 years interactive project management experience within an agency environment
• Thorough understanding of web-based technologies (very important)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• DETAIL ORIENTED
• EXCELLENT PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
• Solid problem solving skills
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the ability and experience to MANAGE MANY PROJECTS SIMULTANEOUSLY and maintain highly organized work while working within pressured deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
· Ability to foster collaboration among team members and with other departments.
· Ability to see the “big picture” and be proactive
· Understanding of industry best practices
• Experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Comfortable with Apple computers as primary platform
• Strong problem solving skills; responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
• Bring structure to company interactive process
• Has history of helping to develop and implement interactive project process
• TAKE FULL OWNERSHIP OF PROJECTS
• STRONG Familiarity with HTML, CSS-based web development and Flash
• STRONG Understanding of coding and design as it relates to the Web
• Familiarity with common social media applications
• Familiarity with the Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash
Bonus skill set
• Working knowledge of project management software ProWorkFlow
• Motorsports product knowledge
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Digital Project Manager-Freelance