Digital Project Manager
Our client is a well-established integrated agency who are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced digital project manager/director with a can-do attitude to join their small team.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be responsible to ensure a number of diverse digital projects (from websites, to apps, to software development) are delivered on time and on budget and you will offer support to the clients’ services team when needed (to ensure digital projects are scoped accurately from their inception).
You will have experience in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines within a fast paced agency environment. You must be highly organised and calm under pressure and have excellent client-facing skills coupled with a proven track record of delivering online projects on time and budget.
If you’re a good team player, you love digital and you want to work in a small and friendly environment, this role is the one for you.
• Social – strong teams, working together
• Curious – questioning and learning
• Open – minds, better ideas and relationships
• Responsible – a force for good
• Entrepreneurial – in everything
• Expert – passionate about being a specialist
The digital project manager/director will lead and coordinate the delivery of digital projects. They will facilitate the definition, idea generation and delivery of web products that link to marketing strategies and integrate digital approaches and creative design. As a digital project manager/director you will be expected to produce work plans and project documentation and also to coordinate the efforts of the creative team (digital designers, creative and media managers, in-house and off-site development teams and technical staff). You are also expected to manage and maintain the relationship with third party providers and the client. You will know how to utilise project management best practices throughout the project from its inception. Essentially, you will ensure the integrated elements of digital projects come together on time and meet stakeholder expectations for data integrity and product quality working in collaboration with the other members of the digital team and the relevant client parties involved.
There are 5 key roles that the job encompasses
Role 1 - Lead DPM 50-60%
Your role will be to work closely with the Account Management teams over a number of key projects, to plan and manage these from a resource and timing perspective. This will be a client facing part of the role and you will be expected to provide the technical background to any of the specifics of a project during its duration.
The role will encompass you being involved in:
- Managing any outsourced development capability
- Managing the digital process from conception through to design to development
- Outlining any functional requirements and writing project documentation
- Managing the resource and timing plans
Role 2 – digital consultant 20-30%
There are four project management teams within the agency, each of them is responsible for a number of digital projects at any one time, part of your role will be to improve the planning of projects from their inception.
There are differing degrees of knowledge within the teams at present and they require input from the digital team to ensure briefing is correct. You will need to provide a bridge between project management and the technical team to smooth the way for projects.
Role 3 – digital workflow overview 10%
Stage 1 – Weekly workflow – this sits with the project management team. The project management teams will map out requirements on a Thursday and it is important that there is an understanding of how work has been allocated to the digital team
This works to a point, however it is often difficult to get a holistic overview of all digital projects within the agency. It is important that there is a long-term view of all digital projects in the agency at any one time. You will need to work closely with the project management teams to identify all live projects, all planned projects and any projects that are in their infancy. All of these projects need to be plotted into one timesheet to help identify resource and timing issues that may be upcoming.
Role 4 – Jobs without portfolio (variable)
There are a number of jobs that often don’t have a real home that you will be asked to pick up and manage through. This could be in house or could be overflow from other teams.
Role 5 – Management and development of junior digital project manager 10-20%
There is currently one other purely digital project manager responsible for a number of projects and clients. This individual requires support from a manager to help make better decision and manage projects more smoothly.
The core things you will be expected to be involved in are:
• Interpreting client briefs and requirements and help defining the project requirements
• Write project documentation (including but not limited to scope of work, project plan, project timeline, maintenance log, project snag list)
• Support the client services team in digital deliveries
• Schedule and assign relevant resources to the projects you are managing
• Brief in designers and developers - both internal and external
• Liaise daily with clients and third parties on project status
• Co-ordinate the delivery of multiple projects at one time
• Support the Project Director in estimating and quoting new work
• Ensure quality control of final output before is sent to the client for review
• Be up to date with digital trends
Your clients will expect you to:
1. Help defining their requirements and then deliver to the brief on time and on budget.
2. Be clear and manage their expectations all the time providing excellent client service.
3. Understanding the technical implications of any digital project.
4. Be up to date on the latest digital trends and developments.
5. Help them solving problems providing full consultancy style support where required.
6. Pro-actively develop digital communication within clients business, keeping them one-step ahead and always updated.
7. Build positive relationships with client contacts and other agencies that the client works with.
• Having a minimum of three to five years of commercial experience in a similar role.
• Having a solid understanding of the digital production process
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadline under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Meticulous attention to detail and an understanding of the quality our clients expect
• Reasonable hands-on skills with XHTML, CSS
• Experience with web CMS build and maintenance
• Basic hands-on skills with Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash and other commonly used web development and design applications
• Ideally an understanding of online marketing assets (including email marketing and banner advertising) and awareness of online marketing principles (user experience design, SEO, web analytics) are preferred but not essential
• Some experience within the financial services sector preferred but not essential
• Passionate about digital communications
• High level of organisational skills
• Being highly creative and imaginative
• Having strong interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and good team player
• Good eye for detail.
• Being able to work well under pressure.
• Effective oral and written communication and strong presentation skills.
• Having the ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively (or suggest a range of alternative solutions).
Salary level £39-£44k + benefits
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Digital Project Manager