Our leading client is looking to hire a Digital Project Manager who has expertise in managing and delivering digital projects across all stages of the digital project lifecycle.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA degree required in an appropriate field.
• 3-5 years of Project Management experience in an eCommerce organization working with software development teams building digital, customer-facing products.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a Waterfall or Agile software development lifecycle.
Certifications and Highlighted Capabilities (preferred but not required upon entry)
• Project Management Certification
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience leading projects using an agile methodology or Kanban highly desired but not required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Provides oversight and leadership of digital projects
o Leads a cross-disciplined team composed of 5-8 members from User Experience, Development, Content Management and Quality Assurance through an entire project lifecycle. The team may also include creative agencies and vendors.
o Monitors day-to-day project team activities and ensures work is progressing as planned.
o Manages resourcing, schedule, budget, assets and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated understood and executed upon.
o Works with the Marriott Digital Standards team to ensure all project deliverables meet standards for system design, implementation and production.
o Actively monitors project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identifies solutions to address them in advance.
o Conducts internal project team meetings and distributes meeting notes within 24 hours.
o Interfaces with internal business stakeholders to ensure digital solution is understood and addresses stakeholder’s business requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
o Identifies any needs that business stakeholders may not recognize and ensures approaches and solutions are linked to stakeholder objectives.
o Communicates and documents project status and strategic recommendations to business stakeholders, senior management and the PMO.
o Manages project related external vendor relationships on a day-to-day basis.
o Obtains, reviews and submits agency statements of work for senior leadership approval.
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.