With a passion for excellence, build your future Digital/Web Project Management career with Kohler’s in-house advertising agency. Kohler Co. is committed to delivering innovative web and mobile consumer experiences and the position of Digital Project Manager will be critical to leading the project implementation of website, mobile, and social related projects.
Reporting directly to the Kitchen and Bath Digital Program Manager, the primary function of the Agile Project Manager will include leading multi-function project teams on multiple digital/web projects simultaneously. Within each project, an Agile Project Manager will typically manage, by means of influence, 3-5 work teams (internal resource teams and external vendors). In addition, this role demands the incumbent keep informed of, and continuously learn about, the rapidly changing web development technologies and understand how to assimulate these technologies into Kohler’s web platforms.
This role manages agile digital projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality. A working knowledge of the technical and functional landscape behind web/digital platforms including database and system design, wireframes, CMS integration, e-commerce, app development, usability, responsive design, user experience, SEO, web analytics, agile software development, and hybrid methodologies is required. This position requires the ability to create solutions in partnership with our marketing, technical, and management teams. Work is performed with minimal direction and reviewed by management within the businesses and Kohler Communications.
1. Manage multiple digital project implementations from planning to design, development and deployment.
2. Provide thought leadership into the design and implementation of agile web projects. Collaborate with team members, management and key stakeholders to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives.
3. Develop full-scale project plans, sprints and associated communications/status documents.
4. Estimate the resources (vendor and other capital & expenses), as well as participants needed to achieve project goals.
5. Draft budget proposals and accountable for full budget management including control of the project scope, resources and quality within budget and schedule.
6. Consistently communicate with design and development teams to ensure all teams are on task with projects and deadlines.
7. Provide updates, analysis, risk assessments to business units in form of project review meetings and management presentations. This should include general design reviews, project scheduling/resourcing, testing plan, budget reviews, user experience analysis, change orders and similar.
8. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and device contingency plans.
9. Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and industry best practices to potentially be applied on business partner engagements.
10. Understand internet, intranet, extranet and general client/server architecture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or related field required along with 4 or more years of digital/web experience. Experience involved in a client services/project management role delivering work to external clients a plus.
Must have a strong understanding of digital technologies and user experience methodologies and maintain awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions. Must have ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
Excellent oral, written, problem-solving, and presentation skills are critical to success in this role. Position requires an extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Agile, SCRUM and Kanban Project Management training required, experience and/or PMP certification a plus.