You are a talented digital production artist, you know everything about whipping up graphics for email and the web. You love working in Photoshop, taking concepts and assets from various sources and recreating them for the spaces in which they live. You are thorough, detail oriented and excited about the opportunity to innovate the digital retail space for our retail stores.
The Digital Production Artist takes files and direction from Senior Designers and produces slices for email, recreates banners in different sizes from approved marketing campaigns. She or he also sizes creative for web pages, handing them off to the front end development team.
Responsibilities include: recreate and “tighten up” the digital design team’s projects for both desktop and mobile experiences, take Photoshop files and make sure they are to spec for development, translate InDesign files to PSD to PNG with pixel perfection in mind, oversee routine updates to digital content, maintain templates and assets for the digital team.
As part of the creative team, the Digital Production Artist will receive direction from the Manager of Web Design and Development. She/he will work closely with the web producer’s timeline to implement new web projects with the development team.
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, collaborative team player with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong interpersonal and time management skills are required. She/he must be able to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment, manage multiple projects, and develop strong working relationships with various teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with digital designers and understand the relationship between the designer and the production artist and the front end developer
• Prepare digital assets for web development, with image optimization in mind
• Adhere to brand style guides and 508 compliance
• Communication with copywriters and web producers when working on a project to update assets that do not require design direction
• Partner with other digital production artists to keep our templates and assets up to date
Plans daily and weekly site updates to meet or exceed expectations, prioritizes projects and effectively manages their own workflow. Promotes cooperation and good working relationships among team members.
Preferred Qualifications • 3+ years as a digital production artist or junior designer
• Expertise in slicing for the web, knowing what gets coded and what should be delivered as an image
• Experience with accessible websites (Section 508, W3C Guidelines, etc.)
• Experience with Sketch and/or non-Adobe digital design software
Required Qualifications • Close to being an expert in Photoshop and most of the Adobe Suite
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS capabilities
• Experience with translating/recreating desktop assets to mobile assets
• Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope production work
• Strong self-management and workload tracking
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with digital designers
• Strong attention to detail and thrive in fast paced environment
• Effective communication (oral and written) skills, time management and the ability to work positively under pressure
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs