TITLE: Digital Production Artist
Start Date: 5/8/17
End Date: 5/7/18
**Our Fortune 500 Fashion Client is looking for a Digital Production Artist to join their team in San Francisco for a year long contract**
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Digital Production Artist partners with Photography Art Directors, Stylists and Graphic Web Designers and is responsible for retouching and compositing on-figure and lay down imagery. The candidate must be experienced with the intricacies of high volume retouching production without sacrificing the overall image quality. Deadline management is critical, as this person will need to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to the ever-changing environment.
• Focus on retouching and editing on-figure and flat-styled images in a high volume studio without sacrificing image quality.
• Verify color of products using physical samples and reference files.
• Evaluate imagery to ensure they meet imagery brand standards, including proper product color, skin tone color, contrast and shadows.
• Ensure visual consistency of images within projects and across the overall website.
• Quality control: check in files, mark up internal changes, review proofs
• Participate in reviewing other’s work for quality and accuracy as part of ongoing quality program.
• Partner with Asset Managers, Producers and Production Designers on workflow and file management with our internal systems.
• Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners when problem solving.
• Ability to understand, embrace and execute markup requests and the overall brand vision/goal.
• Thrive in our environment that is high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven.
• Impressive and advanced skin tone retouching, compositing and color correction abilities.
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop CC, color management, composites and masking.
• Photoshop scripting and automation technique capabilities
• Understand Photoshop action sets, image resolution, color space, and image file formats
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Premier Pro, Lightroom and Capture One
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Google Docs and use of FTP
• Strong visual skills, attention to detail and an eye for consistency and color
• Keen understanding of lighting, reflections and textures
• Strong understanding of digital file handling, photography and graphic design
• Creative and technical problem solving abilities
• Manage last minute changes gracefully and take direction easily
• Exceptionally organized with the proven ability to multi-task competing projects against aggressive deadlines.
• Advanced degree or related experience in the photography, design or related field
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent
• 4+ years retouching experience in a high-volume environment.
• Portfolio displaying before and after retouched imagery