Our client is seeking an experienced, creative digital product marketing manager to help us drive adoption of our next-generation digital platform as a member of their Digital Products team. This is a unique opportunity to own the B2C marketing of a "greenfield" project that will be used by millions of customers worldwide.
Core responsibilities include: researching, defining, executing, and refining communication strategies to drive awareness of our next-generation digital platform among potential end-users; converting casual visitors into high-utilization platform consumers and advocates; creating and/or managing the creation of omni-channel marketing communications with quantifiable outcomes; and evangelizing the features and benefits of our next-generation platform to internal B2B marketing and sales teams.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and creative professional with a track record of success in all aspects of B2C software marketing—from strategy execution to creative production, from email to SEM. This person understands how to balance creativity and efficiency to deliver quantifiable results in a fast-paced, do-it-yourself environment with tight budgets and timelines. He or she also has experience working at or with a creative agency, bringing with them an insider's understanding of how to get the best value when outsourced production.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Platform + Engineering. Contract-to-hire option available.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and digital platform leadership to define, implement, and refine our overall integrated B2C communications strategy for our next generation platform and the EOL of our legacy platform.
- Work in close partnership with the Digital Product Manager on the definition, benefit analysis, and rollout of new features and improvements.
- Design, implement, and manage integrated communication cadences in support of our awareness/utilization goals using modern B2C marketing best practices and tools, including marketing automation.
- Contribute to the development of our next-generation platform by creating/editing native platform copy and reviewing design/user experience strategies to optimize for awareness and utilization.
- Collaborate with internal B2B marketing and sales operations to ensure the features and benefits of our next-generation platform are represented accurately and effectively in communications designed to acquire new business.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and digital platform leadership in the orderly migration from, and ultimately the retirement of, our legacy platform.
- Bachelor’s degree
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
-To be considered for this position, you must provide a portfolio of relevant content illustrating your experience with integrated B2B marketing communications strategy and execution.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience with digital product marketing, product marketing, communications design, content strategy, or copywriting, with a minimum of two years developing/managing an integrated B2C strategy with quantifiably positive results.
- A deep understanding of B2C marketing communication best practices, especially the processes required to produce effective, sustainable, omnichannel marketing communications with maximum efficiency and minimal cost.
- A deep understanding and track record of success using digital product marketing productivity tools, including Adobe CS, leading marketing automation tools, leading analytics/BI tools, and the other tools of the trade crucial to integrated marketing.
- A proven ability to use data in developing/managing a B2C strategy at each phase in the strategy lifecycle (hypothesis, planning, implementation, launch, analysis, refinement).
- A proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders and partners, including software developers and user experience designers.
- A commitment to process that includes quantified performance management.
- Experience with software development processes and best practices, especially Agile scrum.
- Experience collaborating with remote development teams.
- Experience supporting B2B marketing communications, if not directly then indirectly by serving as a product evangelist for B2B marketing and sales professionals.
- Experience in online commerce or digital advertising (and related software products and services).
- Experience with individual insurance products (auto, home, life, pet) and how they are marketed/distributed/purchased.
- Experience with front-end website and application design, including key technologies (HTML/CSS, common front-end frameworks such as Angular and Bootstrap).
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- A commitment to a customer-first approach, especially related to customer experience and "doing what is right" regarding the acquisition and utilization of private user data.
- Empathy for individuals looking for smarter, more affordable ways to protect themselves (and their families) from misfortune; manage their long-term financial wellness; and/or derive maximum value from their disposable income.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written – and demonstrated experience communicating/operating within a multinational team (ability to bridge language and cultural barriers).
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast paced and continually changing environment in which you are responsible for establishing order from chaos and direction from uncertainty.
- Leadership skills and strong analytical skills.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States.
- Position located in Austin, TX.