We are hiring a Digital Product Manager in the Seattle WA area for our global coffee retailer who has a minimum of 5 years technical product management in a cross-functional environment, working closely with technical teams, including software development, network or hardware engineering, and testing to create and launch software products. Hardware experience is a plus, but not required. . This role will perform as a Technical product manager role in IT.
• Assists in creating and implementing product management tools and standards.
• Develops and manages product platform roadmaps and plans. Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, and product lifecycle. Provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories.
• Creates and manages the innovation funnel/roadmap for technical platforms that deliver against program’s growth strategies and business goals/objectives.
• Assists in the development of annual operating expenses and capital plans.
• Closely partners with the software and hardware development teams to create new products and enhancement solutions to deliver against business objectives.
• Closely partners with Business Product Managers to align technical product platform roadmaps with overarching business objectives and customer facing initiatives.
• Manages lifecycle of launched platforms, serves as subject matter expert.
• Strong leadership of cross-functional partners and external vendors required to ensure successful launch.
• Develops strategic assessments, including SWOT analyses, for products both internal and external to help create technical solutions with their assigned development teams.
• Initiates or suggests analysis (financial, consumption or consumer) to influence strategic plans.
• Analyzes data to inform and create plans for operations improvement or next phase features for programs and products.
• Minimum of 5 years of technical product management experience in a cross-functional environment, working closely with technical teams, including software development, network or hardware engineering, and testing to create and launch software products. Hardware experience is a plus, but not required.
• Experience writing user stories and detailed user and technical requirements for software products. JIRA experience a plus, but not required.
• Proven track record of launched products using Agile processes and methodologies, such as writing user stories and requirements, prioritizing features in Sprint planning and grooming, and working closely with scrum master roles.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with API design and development.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Strong analytical and writing skills.
• Strong communication (both oral and written).
• Strong presentation skills and experience presenting at many levels.
• Proven experience writing technical user stories in JIRA or similar tools to be used in Agile processes.
• Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting assortment planning and inventory management.
• Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
• Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
• Functions effectively with ambiguity.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Work experience in Asia or European markets a plus.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
Daily standups with development teams.
Interactions with scrum masters, business product managers and development leads.
Technical product roadmap shown with interdependencies with other product teams (if needed).
Research and readout of new technologies and standards to use within our platform
prioritization of releases with alignment of business product management