We are hiring a Digital Product Manager in the Seattle area for a leading global retailer with a strong Product management background in a cross-functional environment and 5-10 year’s experience.
Job Duties Include:
• Develops and manages product line business plans. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, and product lifecycle. Provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories.
• Creates and manages the innovation funnel/roadmap for products that deliver against program’s growth strategies and business goals/objectives.
• Assists in the development of annual operating expenses and capital plans.
• Leads the development of new products and related marketing opportunities from ideation, concept, prototype, market validate, commercialization, and launch.
• Manages lifecycle of launched programs and products, serves as subject matter expert on program and product.
• Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners and external vendors required to ensure successful launch.
• Develops strategic assessments, including SWOT analyses, for products and programs.
• Initiates or suggests analysis (financial, consumption or consumer) to influence strategic plans.
• Applies consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment and channel needs for the product or category. Uses consumer insights and analyzes consumer research to determine new product opportunities.
• Analyzes data to inform and create plans for operations improvement or next phase features for programs and products.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
Initially this person will be focused on research and planning for digital amenities in the stores. Research will include meeting with third parties and pulling together proposals and presentations to present options to senior leadership.
Creating and giving Presentations to multiple levels in the company to get buy in, communicate options and drive decisions.
Once senior leadership selects a solution, this person will also be running the development or integration with third parties to implement the solution which means they will be:
Writing business requirements.
Collaborating with technical teams and vendors to ensure business requirements are being met.
Working with numerous internal teams (marketing/ IT support/ music, ops and store-dev).
What are the must/nice to have skills you are looking for:
• Product management in a cross-functional environment (5-10 years).
• At least one year experience managing two or more budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Strong analytical and writing skills.
• Strong communication (both oral and written).
• Strong presentation skills and experience presenting at senior levels.
• Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting assortment planning and inventory management.
• Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
• Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
• Functions effectively with ambiguity.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Fluency in any of the following languages a plus: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French, German, Korean.
• Work experience in Asia or European markets a plus.