Our large financial services client located in NYC is looking for a PRODUCT COPYWRITER for a 7 month contract position with potential for extension and even perm conversion. This position is onsite, 40 hours a week.
The client is looking for someone with range - a writer who’s comfortable leading one of the product’s copywriting needs, assisting with product content strategy, pitching in on creative brief writing for external content agency, and fulfilling other writing needs that arise. Copywriter will lead content strategy on the brand side. Flexible enough to provide copy for product, writing briefs, updating boilerplate copy on press releases, pitch in on content strategy for marketing & web financial products.
This writer will be responsible for maintaining a consistent brand tone and voice across the product platform and email channels for a direct-to-consumer online bank. This person will take direction from VP of Content Strategy and work closely with product managers, strategists and designers.
- Fulfill all product-specific copy needs: landing pages, application pages, onboarding content, customer dashboard, and both servicing and marketing emails.
- Work with product managers and designers to identify testing opportunities, funnel optimization projects, and other product enhancements.
- Develop creative briefs for external content agency, plus identify new content ideas that are on strategy.
- Assist on both back- and front-end content strategy as the brand looks to extend its current content offering.
- After content reaches marketplace, work with VP of Content Strategy to obtain results and partner with product Marketing leader(s) to refine messaging and recommend refinements to further improve performance.
- 2 - 5 years product copywriting for an agency or brand.
- Content strategy experience a plus.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is helpful.
- Experience maintaining a brand’s tone and voice at every customer touchpoint
- Able to exercise good judgment regarding projects and initiatives and other company-related efforts with general guidance from VP of Content Strategy
- Experience writing in a heavily regulated industry
- Thinks holistically about content and messaging
- Comfortable in a startup, fast-paced environment that involves working on multiple writing assignments at a time.
Additional client info:
Our client’s Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. They are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. Digital Finance, a subdivision of CCBD, is composed of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm’s first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.