The Producer will act as a project manager to ensure the team is meeting deadlines, the work coming in from agencies is correct, monitoring budgets/timelines, resolving conflicts, & managing resources. They MUST have an understanding of the UX/UI process and expectations, and the ability to work with people from development to creative. This person will be driving the project and the team forward, so they need to have the right personality to accomplish that. This is not a Technical PM role. The Client is looking for candidates that can figure things out not just go by the book; someone who can think out of the box and make the connections that may not be laid out.
Ultimately they are producing software/entertainment products not content.
- Schedule Planning: work with interdepartmental project/product managers to determine milestones with a keen focus on making sure appropriate time is allotted for the efforts of our team
- Resource Planning: forecast team workloads to establish balance across the team and identify resource issues early.
- Process Management: support team member efforts to move design and development forward as well as anticipate and eliminate obstacles. Make sure the team is working as efficiently as possible to maximize productivity and work quality.
- Conscientious Liaison: communicate appropriately and in a timely manner with all impacted departments, as needed. This primarily includes Engineering, IT, executives, product team and Customer Care.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing resources and schedules as well as working as a liaison across different teams in software development for set top boxes, web, mobile, consumer electronics or similar products. If not set top box, it is a plus if experience is related to video entertainment.
- Software proficiency:
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
- MS Project or other schedule & resource management applications
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: JIRA, Workfront, Confluence, Rally, Omnigraffle, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Need to be able to lead and guide
- Really show ownership on the projects they are assigned, willingness to dig deep to understand something and become a subject matter expert as time goes on
- Innate ability to figure things out and take initiative
- Worked with creative teams
- Good facilitator