Aquent's client is looking for a Digital Photo Retoucher to work a long term contract role. This role needs to be on-location in the SW suburbs of Chicago. (sorry no remote, might be option to downtown flex one day or remote)
This role will be working in an exciting, fast paced beauty, fashion and cosmetic industry. Chance for phenomenal portfolio enhancer + to get into an exciting and growing company.
This role will be is responsible for altering and correcting high-resolution imagery to the company's standards. Responsible for identifying potential issues and edits in imagery, correcting them and meeting strict deadlines for a fast-paced studio. This person must be extremely organized and methodical while also maintaining flexibility for frequent changes that arise as a reaction to a fast-paced, retail culture. This role is highly collaborative; the Digital Retoucher must communicate with the Photography team, Production Artists and E-comm and design teams. They must frequently follow up and communicate status of imagery while maintaining good relationships.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Digital Retoucher will work to edit imagery for all digital projects, from individual dotcom SKUs to social posts, email content, web headers, etc.
The Digital Retoucher may also at times be asked to retouch imagery for print needs or special projects.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Retouch imperfections, color correction, background removal for commercial product photography
• Meticulous attention to detail, making sure to catch and remove even the smallest of image flaws
• Have a clear technical understanding of Photoshop combined with a practiced knowledge of file processing and color management
• Follow strict guidelines in terms of file layering and organization
• Occasionally add keywords and rename images
• Balance multiple large batches of images and make sure nothing gets lost in the shuffle
• Has an awareness of tight timelines and feels a sense of urgency to facilitate staying on schedule
• Anticipate problems with images and work ahead to create solutions
• Display maturity and professionalism under pressure
• Collaborate and communicate well with a number of colleagues