Our client is a large financial institution in Charlotte, NC and they are looking for a Digital Media Specialist to join their team for a 12 + month contract. This Digital Media Specialist/Analyst would be responsible for the content management and publishing for various video desktop applications. The Digital Media Specialist will be extracting and analyzing viewership reports from published videos. This is 30 to 35 hours a week, health benefits and 401K are offered.
Digital Media Specialist responsibilities include report/data analysis and encoding and transcoding video content for various desktop applications, content management and publishing, developing best practices and training other contractors. This group is responsible for streaming video - videos on demand. After the videos are distributed, the Digital Media Specialist will primarily be responsible for analyzing the metrics to see who is viewing these videos and how long they are viewing for. This Digital Media Specialist will take the maxtix and data viewership and present their findings to clients and creators of the video.
Skills required for Digital Media Specialist:
- Ability to analyze reports/data and create non-technical presentation for co-workers from data
- Flash and Windows Media compression technology
- Must present well in a business environment, work well in teams
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to think analytically to recognize and solve issues and be able to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers and clients
- Must be detail oriented and process driven
- Must be strong in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Desired technical skills and experience for Digital Media Specialist:
- Current digital video and streaming media protocols, including containers, codecs, formats, etc.
- W3C web standards, ADA & Section 508 compliance
- Corporate network procedures and protocols, information security
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign