Start Date: ASAP Duration: 3+ months // 40 hours per week Location: On-site downtown Seattle Must have agency experience and be comfortable client facing. Our agency client is looking for a digital marketing project manager, a well-organized, big-picture taskmaster with a love of technology and design. You’ll be be working exclusively on a large, fast-paced wireless account, interfacing with clients daily, and you’ll deliver impactful work within scope, on schedule, and within budget. You’ll be joining a team of very accomplished digital marketing project managers, so this is a chance to learn from the very best. Project management roles require flexibility with hours and travel to meet client needs. Digital agency experience preferred. Here’s what success looks like in the role:
- You’ll direct work from a scope of work document, making sure our complex projects get done within schedule, scope, and budget constraints. To accomplish this, you’re collaborating with clients to align our expectations with theirs, and you escalate scope issues and change order requests to a senior project manager or account manager. You balance assertiveness and patience.
- The fast, urgent pace of agency life is a natural fit for you. When things get chaotic, you are the calm within the storm, and you maintain patience under pressure. When nights get late, you are not only in it for the long haul, but you’re offering to run out for espresso, pizza, or whatever else your team may need. You don’t stop short of delivering the best to our clients.
- Working with our experts in strategy, user experience, design, and technology, you’ll work to create team alignment on how to effectively balance scope, schedule, and budget. You maintain patience under pressure, demonstrate your talents in juggling competing priorities, and demonstrate good judgment when choosing to escalate.
- You have strong organizational skills, a proven personal organization system that keeps you and your project team on track. You proactively request, allocate, and manage resource and stakeholder time to achieve project goals.
- You’re seen and trusted as a leader by our clients. How this looks daily is that you’re leading meetings and listening for action items and assignments. You follow up with meeting notes and own all tasks that arise. You identify the need for new or improved processes to meet clients’ needs.
- You don’t need to be told what the next steps are; you initiate movement and loop in stakeholders.
- You’ll support business development efforts in a few different ways. Often, we engage a project manager to manage the pitch process and spec creative work. Just as importantly, though, as you communicate and work with clients, your ears should burn when you hear opportunities for growing our business with them. These opportunities should be escalated to the account manager to be pursued.
- Our project management team members come from diverse backgrounds, but most have the foundation of a four-year college degree and a few years of proven success managing interactive projects.