Digital Marketing Project Manager – Europe
Who You Are: You’re not scared of hard work and getting your hands dirty. You’re someone who
is able to navigate complex organizations and establish positive relationships to get things done.
People say you can be relied upon to deliver, and you’ve got strong results to show for it. You’re
a passionate marketer, and someone who believes that success is derived from a team effort,
and not by individuals. And most importantly, you evangelize what our customers want and turn
that into commercial value for the business.
As the successful Digital Marketing Project Manager (Europe), you will have a proven track
record in a similar role and have experience of implementing a digital communications strategy
for the short, medium and long term, supporting optimisation of local marketing plans. You will
have strong influencing skills and have the ability to work in a complex global environment with
multiple global and local stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator with strong
project management skills who can also demonstrate emotional intelligence and drive through
solutions in grey areas.
Reporting into the Global Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be part of a team including a
Content Strategist and Digital Content Editor. Together you’ll support the roll out of the Shell
Retail digital story and manage the deployment, publishing and optimisation of content across
European pilot markets.
1. Act as a member of the local marketing teams to lead and manage the Digital content pilot
program for European markets. This includes all digital operations covering, but not limited
Development of a clear local Retail narrative by merging the global content toolkit
with local content based on the annual marketing plan
Ongoing maintenance and optimisation of the local websites
Prioritise digital platforms to focus on, and own the development and enhancement
of these platforms where necessary
Work with the Digital Content Editor to orchestrate successful delivery and
implementation of our ‘always on’ digital content calendar.
2. Meet on a regular basis with the Digital Content Editor, the Global Community Manager and
other key stakeholders in our Communications (CX) and Centres of Excellence teams to
ensure smooth publishing of the retail content calendar.
3. Provide the local teams with guidance and support where required, for digital elements
within marketing campaigns.
4. Work with the Digital Performance Manager and Media team to ensure insights are shared,
and actively incorporate learning’s into future execution.
5. Support the Digital Insights Manager in production of performance reporting dashboards
6. Work closely with the Media team to ensure a fit for purpose media plan is activated as per
the global media strategy and executed on time and on plan.
The role requires someone with a strong balance of creative skills and commercial acumen to
identify opportunities and ground them in business benefit; and the negotiating skills to develop
partnerships with the Centres of Excellence and global third party organisations.
Digital has changed the way that organizations need to think and this role is fundamental in
pioneering that approach, keeping in mind that we are a risk-averse organization, with few
digital experts. This person therefore needs to demonstrate success in delivering projects that
demonstrate the role that digital plays in driving awareness, enhancing the shopper marketing
journey, optimizing conversion, and how digital integrates with other channels to maximize a
customer contact strategy.
Experience and Qualifications required
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience with demonstrated success across
website/ecommerce, mobile, social media, CRM and measurement
- Demonstrated success implementing digital and social media to deliver commercial
objectives within integrated campaigns
- A proven track record in defining and leading content marketing strategies for large
- Understanding of how to optimize communications via digital platforms through paid media
- Ability to understand and translate business challenges into smart digital marketing
- Experience with mobile and multi-screen projects
- Passion for creating and delivering great content
- Exceptional presentation skills, with experience of presenting strategy and securing buy-in
- Demonstrated ability to work positively under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Business and/or Marketing qualifications.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Digital Marketing Project Manager – Europe