Our client, in Downtown Chicago, is seeking an experienced Marketing professional for their Marketing Manager opening. Responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing strategies, focused on digital tactics, to achieve product sales goals for assigned products and services. Coordinate and track tactic results and deliverables across internal and external resources.
1. Collaborate regularly with writers, digital marketing, product experts and database product management staff, editorial staff, account management, sales, and other internal teams to ensure successful implementation of promotional campaigns. Participate in brainstorming and campaign review meetings actively providing useful insights and encouraging information sharing across the cross-functional team. 50%
2. Develop a website traffic plan and create goals and benchmarks to meet. Optimize website and social media channels for SEO as well as usability. Monitor and analyze key web site and email metrics to improve traffic and conversions. Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing plan, protocols and procedures. Ability to update and create online web forms. Ability to create surveys and deploy them via email or web link. 25%
3. Research competitive markets for each product and maintain an understanding of market conditions. Execute and deploy online surveys via SurveyMonkey. Develop and execute comprehensive multi-channel marketing plans for each assigned product within budget and based on guidance of Marketing Leadership. Responsible for tactical development including project timelines, budgets, list acquisition and production oversight. Work as needed with internal and external writers, designers and production houses and vendors to meet timelines on budget. 15%
4. Take the lead on assigned projects and events. Coordinate and manage on-site presence at conferences and trade shows, including booth setup and in some cases staffing the booth (training will be provided). Some events may require out-of-town business travel on weekdays and weekends. 10%
1. Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in Marketing or Business Administration preferred.
2. Minimum 6-7 years of marketing experience with a minimum of 4 years in digital marketing required.
3. Proven ability to demonstrate experience driving measurable, highly profitable results through multi-channel marketing efforts.
4. Demonstrable experience with email marketing, lead generation and other conversions enhancing digital tactics such as SEO, PPC, display ads, programmatic, re-targeting and others. Strong experience with JIRA, HTML, CSS, SurveyMonkey, e-commerce sites, Hubspot, Selligent, Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target, Drupal or other Content Management System (or other inbound marketing software) required.
5. Strong knowledge of social media and website metrics and best practices.
6. Proven ability to organize and prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to track and manage a large number of details and drive progress to a timeline.
7. Creative problem-solving and decision making. Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, and make valid conclusions.
8. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
9. Demonstrate effective verbal and written business communications skills.
10. Willingness to travel to conventions and tradeshows as needed and as related to assigned product line.