AQUENT is supporting a sustainable, natural skincare brand in their search for a Digital Marketing Assistant Manager! This is a FT Freelance role based in Doylestown, PA!
ABOUT THE BRAND
• We are especially consumer/customer centric.
• We joined this team because we are creative, driven and passionate with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
• We are a “Roll up your sleeves” team with a strong drive to win, even in challenging circumstances.
• We win with few resources as an “Indie” start-up brand funded by a major parent company.
• We are committed to the Sharing Beauty With All mission.
• We personally subscribe to a sustainable lifestyle and are sure we have a responsibility to lead from within by example.
• We love spending time in the fresh country air getting close to everyone in the value chain including our farmers, vendors, retailer partners and the local community in Bucks Co., PA.
JOB SUMMARY: Plays a key role in the development, implementation and presentation of the individual brand. Implements marketing strategy including launch plans and promotional calendars, retailer executions while controlling costs and managing profits and loss. Works closely with marketing management to create, develop, execute, and evaluate new product launches and promotional marketing programs to support the brand.
1. Marketing Development and Services 25%
• Develop forecast proposals for new products/sku’s as well as revised forecasts for existing businesses affected by launch
• Prepare and maintain accurate files on ongoing projects, keep abreast of all timetables for new product launches and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner; identify potential problems
• Develop applications of brand strategy
2. Creative 20%
• Initiate new Marketing proposals and drive development with Creative group
• Develop/issue creative fact sheets on new projects
• Ensure that Creative is aware of all copy/package direction, providing components, working copy, etc.
• Drive display development, focusing on marketing objectives
• Review all copy submissions
• Ensure art mechanicals are accurate for content, and that they are released on time
• Monitor the accuracy of final copy/art mechanicals.
3. Special Events 15%
• Work closely with brand/sales team/all necessary departments to assist in development of all in-store events, outlining objectives and budgets
• Ensure that all launch requirements are met
• Follow-up on all results
• Ensure that marketing is aware of latest spending estimates
4. Sales Reporting Responsibilities 15%
• Complete knowledge of unit/dollar volume for each product within brand responsibility - both retail and net
• Work with head of sales to develop retailer specific marketing plans to drive business
5. New Products 10%
• Assist VP in the ideation of new product by providing trend, market, pricing, and competitive business analysis
• Manage product development timeline from formula submission to in market date
• Track net shipment performance of all new items for 6 months after launch
• Issue post-launch status reports to ensure that all launch commitments and backup orders are met
• Prepare quarterly brand review and new products vs. basic business review as required
• Track retail sell-thru of all launches for the first 12 weeks plus key products and categories on an ongoing basis
6. Additional responsibilities 15%
• Work with VP to recommend strategic retail pricing for new products; recommend price increases for existing products
• Prepare Competitive Pricing Review of all product segments and major prestige brands bi-annually
• Maintain files of key competitive sampling vehicles/programs and competitive advertising and samples of new products as it applies to business segments
• Retailer visits on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years Previous marketing experience
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment