My client is a Global Tech Giant, who is looking for a Digital Journalism Teaching Fellow for a 12 month contract. This is a fixed term contract, paying up to the equivalent of £43 000/annum.
We’re looking for candidates with a strong aptitude for telling stories and a track record of reporting and producing stories with new technologies. You’ll be looking for a one-year opportunity to teach and share your expertise in an area of interest such as online verification, fact-checking, data journalism, data visualization, mapping and 360 video.
Candidates will have a strong ability to:
- Understand and convey the complex skills needed to use our tools for news gathering
- Utilise their own experience in a professional news environment
- Focus solely on training
- Spend time with the training pod to get best practices
- Have access to current collateral in terms of decks, videos and sites for training
- Report to the Head of International and work closely with the local country teams and local partners to localise and translate training decks, videos and sites for training
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK, Ireland and Nordics region (primarily UK)
- Candidates should have strong organizational and communication skills, an ability to present in front of large audiences and a collaborative and innovative spirit.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Undergraduate degree in communications/journalism
- 5-10 years of experience working for newsrooms as a reporter or editor
- Experience in developing presentations and using suite of business tools
- Fluency with online tools