Digital Graphic Designer (Site and Channels)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 5 Months (Through Oct. 2017 with opportunity to extend)
Location: East Bay, CA
The Digital Graphic Designer is a vital contributor and member of the Creative team, who reports to the Digital Art Director. The ideal candidate is a talented designer who is motivated to elevate the emotional connection of the brand; and has strong passion for design, photography, type and motion as they come together to create user experiences. This position will drive development of inspired, original designs for email, homepage, editorial/experiential landing pages, onsite banners, social media assets, and other digital marketing executions.
- Support overall site design and updates for the brand’s digital ecosystem. Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging. Contribute to the evolution of the site design, customer experience and brand projection.
- Layout implementation for the creative concepts on homepage/landing pages, category banners, affiliate banners, emails, and social media graphics.
- Support Digital Art Director and Photo/Video Producer with image retouching, editing and optimization of graphics for web. Create wireframes, mock-ups, and articulate flows.
- Support Site Production Manager on the continuous development of the website.
- Support Digital Art Director, Site Production Manager and Site Experience Manager with design of homepage, editorial/experiential landing pages, shopflow category banners, and lay out editorial content on our blog as well as special projects
- Support Digital Art Director, Digital Marketing Manager, and Social Media Manager with design of emails and display advertising banners, as well as special projects.
- Partner with Site Production Manager and Site Experience Manager to format content for day-to-day digital marketing operations such as campaigns and site designs. Collaborate on strategic direction and execution with cross-functional partners
- Partner with Sr. Retail Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager to format content for day-to-day digital marketing operations such as email, social media posts, and in-store digital initiatives. Collaborate on strategic direction and execution with cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with Site Production Manager and Developer on all design and functionality development within the experiential landing pages.
- Structure creative compositions to optimize efficient workflow and production.
- Prepare files for development. Meet all deadlines under pressure, and can react to unexpected schedule changes. Research existing and emerging commerce and blog sites using editorial content in unique ways
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Computer Graphics, Multimedia or Industrial Design
- 3+ years of professional experience in online and editorial design within retail, fashion, or agency environment
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong portfolio demonstrating proven talent through a continuous string of successful web based projects
- Ability to work precisely under pressure and adhere to deadlines