This position will lead client’s efforts to drive performance and meet ambitious funding, list growth, retention and donor satisfaction. The Digital Fundraising Specialist works across all departments and in close coordination with the Development and Communications teams to maximize revenue using digital and mobile channels.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, develop, and implement short and long-term strategies and metrics to acquire, retain, renew, and increase support from contributors on client’s digital and mobile platforms that will meet and exceed annual channel funding goals
- Develop, manage, and execute all aspects of contributor email copy and production from maintaining a shared email calendar to writing content for emails, developing list segmentation, and designing companion donation landing pages
- Work with program directors and communications to develop content.
- Ensure content for all emails and tests are consistent with client’s narrative and are written using principles of donor-centered fundraising
- Create and oversee information tracking processes regarding acknowledgements, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current unrestricted donors, and provide direct customer service to prospects and donors;
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications teams, including outside social media contractors, to develop strategies and metrics for converting new stakeholders to ongoing contributors and to generate appropriate content to engage contributors in client’s activities, campaigns and advocacy
- Manage client’s relationship with an external Direct Mail vendor to ensure accurate content and that mail pieces are sent by specified deadlines
- Provide on-going digital analysis and evaluation of digital fundraising campaigns and contributor list health and work with the Senior Development Manager to develop and distribute monthly and quarterly reports for senior management and trustees
- Work in partnership with the Senior Development Manager to create reports that accurately predict areas of growth and assess performance and dollar targets as well as stewardship reports to further enhance donor cultivation and increased giving
- Maintain current with nonprofit digital fundraising and development trends and analysis and make recommendations for improvements as necessary
- Maintain current knowledge of client’s program activities and ongoing gun violence prevention developments
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree with three or more years of experience in fundraising and development, preferably in a related non-profit organization or online fundraising organization
- Experience writing and editing donor-centered fundraising content for a wide range of digital media
- Advanced knowledge of web content management, email delivery and fundraising systems, e.g. Blue State Digital, Salsa, or Convio/Luminate.
- Experience integrating, as well as working across, CMS/CRM technologies to execute multi-media fundraising campaigns.
- Ability to project and assess participation rates and fundraising goals
- Skill in analyzing the characteristics and needs of target audiences and determining the most effective communication techniques for driving performance across those audiences
- Strong social media skills and knowledge of online communities
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Solid relationship-building skills; ability to interface with external and internal constituents
- Integrity, sound judgment and superior problem solving ability
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in an energetic and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Creativity, congeniality, flexibility, and a sense of humor required
- Presents a positive image of work group and client to others