Digital editor, content strategy
Highly talented contributor who loves thinking about how to present digital content in a fresh, effective, user-centric way. Able to strategize across a multitude of channels, but focuses on Web. Experience writing and editing marketing content from a UX perspective required; journalism experience a plus.
You’ll join a team of skilled content experts and work closely with writers, designers, internal business partners, UX, and IT. Your job is to ensure we’re staying innovative and thoughtful about developing, executing, and syndicating content to deliver an optimal user experience – all while maintaining established brand and voice standards. It’s a challenging, fast-paced environment, so if you’re curious and motivated, you’ll never be bored.
· Develop content strategies and define content needs for best-in-class responsive digital properties
· Conduct quantitative and qualitative discovery as necessary, e.g. content audits, analyzing data, competitor information, assessing the impact of user research
· Contribute to content strategy, content management, and migration planning, including:
- Defining and gathering content requirements
- Identifying gaps and locating potential content sources
- Creating artifacts across the content life cycle as needed
· Identify existing content workflows, and opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies
· Support distributed publishing and content re-use by creating and socializing content guidelines
· Guide internal stakeholders in developing new content and optimizing legacy content as needed
· Oversee content development, ensuring that guidelines and SEO best practices are followed
· Contributes to problem solving and process design efforts
· Supporting other writing and editing work as needed
· Bachelors Degree in a related field, or equivalent professional training and equivalent experience
· Familiarity with Web technologies, AP style, and content management systems
· Substantial experience (5+ years) creating and managing interactive content, and writing and editing for digital media
· Experience writing and editing marketing content from a UX perspective required; journalism experience a bonus.
· Proven ability to interpret data and express implications of analysis to clients
· Ability to evangelize and socialize content strategy standards and processes to stakeholders
· Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team
· Proven skill managing content projects, priorities, and workload
· High tolerance for ambiguity matched by a deep passion for organizing it